Thursday, October 25, 2007

CPH Where Are You?

Here is a little CPH completion teaser. No I am not done yet, but by the end of this weekend I will be. Tonight after work I had settled down with my oh-so-fantastic OTT-Lite and needle to start the seaming on my sweater. I took my sister's advice and used the Mattress Stitch to seam the hood and sleeves. As you can see here in the picture, I managed to finish up the hood completely and seam one sleeve into a tube in preparation for attaching it to the body.

I must say that I am an individual that dreads seaming anything. BUT, after doing the little bit I had to tonight, I am beginning to think it's not as bad anymore. I question, is it because I am a more experienced knitter than the last time I knitted a sweater? Is it that my sister gave me some great tips on how to do this? Is it that I did it in the best light possible with total peace and quiet? I don't know, but I sure do hope that I feel this way about seaming after I get those sleeves attached to this baby!

My plans are to seam the other sleeve into a tube tomorrow and if I have time before I get totally exhausted at the end of my day, I will try and attach the sleeves. If not tomorrow, then Saturday will be the day. I am hoping to have some pictures of me modeling CPH on Sunday. We shall see. I am anxious to finish!

6 comments:

  1. For me it was the shock after finishing the pieces of the first ever sweater- that it would not be wearable immediately after I cast off. That some people even steam and block their knitting- who would want to wait that long? Now that I know it's coming-it's not so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. It looks great! Looking forward to seeing you model CPH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to think it was my wonderful tips that made it all better. Seriously though, it's all the reasons you stated. Once we get finished with our 1st sweater, work out experience in our knitting, then seaming becomes less a chore & more, "OOH! I am almost done. I've just got to finish seaming!" It's looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The end is near. When I seamed my last sweater, I was also surprised to find it wasn't as bad as I was anticipating. I still don't like seaming but I now know I can do a decent job and that knowledge lessens the dread. I can hardly wait to see a photo of the finished CPH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your CPH is turning out beautiful!The more seaming you do the less scary it becomes.After making all those sweaters for the grandkids I learned to deal with it.Just love the color of your yarn,its very vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still hate seams. But hey, at least you don't have to do the body seams. That drastically reduces your workload, trust me. Those seams were never-ending when I did my sweater.

    ReplyDelete