Monday, October 8, 2007
Blocked and Seamed
So my mission on Friday was to block my CPH. I took my sister's wonderful advice and pinned the pieces to my mattress. This worked perfectly, and really, I don't know why I didn't think of it myself. What's also great with this is that with steam blocking them on the mattress, everything will be dry in time for you to put the sheets back on the bed and hunker down for a good night's sleep!
I didn't get a chance to seam the shoulders together this weekend, so after I got home from work and the gym tonight I made it a priority. I used Shameka's idea of single crocheting the pieces together. I am very happy with the results. Using this technique made things a bit easier for me, since I dislike seaming with a passion. I'm sure the more I do it the more it will agree with me (hopefully).
Now I am working on the hoodie. I've picked up all the stitches and have worked five pattern rows. We'll see how it goes this week!