I did manage to get the tree done.
Our vegetarian dinner included a total of nine dishes, plus one dessert. I am still amazed that I managed to pull that one off, especially since according to my honey, they were complex dishes. Even better, is that I managed to get them to the table warm or, oh my gosh, even hot!
My menu included (all recipes are linked):
- Tuscan White Bean and Garlic Soup
- Festive Kale Salad with Wheatberries and Tempeh
- Vegetarian Portobello Wellingtons
- Quinoa and Spinach Stuffed Tomatoes
- Maple-Lime Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Mushroom Walnut Stuffing
- Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Walnuts, Blue Cheese and Cranberries
- Quinoa with Cauliflower, Cranberries and Nuts
- Green Bean Casserole
- Peanut Butter Pie (Made my own Oreo Cookie Crust as follows: 25 Oreo's Pulverized in Food Processor. Mix with 4 Tablespoons melted butter. Shape in pie pan and bake at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes. I also did not make the Hot Fudge Sauce and forgot to purchase the chocolate for the shavings.)
I didn't take pictures of everything as it was finished. I completely forgot. But I do have these:
|The soup I made the day before and reheated.|
|Leftovers I had the next night.|
|Somebody enjoying the rest of the green bean casserole.|
|Frozen Peanut Butter Pie I managed to make on Tuesday.|
Between myself and the help of some elves (my honey, his mom and his cousin) all the dishes were cleaned, dried and put away. I tried desperately to clean all the crumbs up from the floor and sofa's before going to bed. After our house guest departed the next morning, my honey and I went into cleaning mode and we got the place all back in order.
All in all my Christmas was wonderful. It was all I had wanted and hoped it to be. I have to give my honey a huge thank you! He was the most supportive person during the days leading up to, during and after Christmas. He helped me whenever and wherever he could. He never hesitated to help. I am truly blessed to have him as my partner in life!
With that I leave you with one of my favorite photos from Christmas day: