Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A Chevron We Will Go

At around 10:20 this morning I ran up to the 24th floor to pick up my newly balled yarn from Shameka. We usually have lunch together around 1pm, but I couldn't wait to get my hands on this yarn. I wasn't kidding yesterday when I told ya'll the Chevron Scarf would be on my needles by tonight. I went to work today fully prepared to start this scarf. By 12pm I had cast-on and completed the first 4 rows of the pattern. It is not unusual to walk by my desk and see my knitting sitting next to my computer. While some people surf the web endlessly during their downtime, I knit. Even if it's only a couple of stitches here and there, I am just happy to be able to knit.

By lunchtime I had 2 pattern repeats completed. I think Shameka was a bit surprised to see that I actually had started it. I had told her when I picked up the yarn that I wanted to start it asap. When she sat down at the table I looked up at her and told her I wasn't kidding about getting it going. I am absolutely loving knitting this pattern. This is definitely one of those "brainless" knitting projects and it is workingup fast. The picture here is where the scarf stood at 4pm when I was getting ready to leave work for the day.

I was a good girl and didn't knit while on the train ride home. I decided to use my 45 minutes reading a new book that I started last night. My commute home is one place that I can really knock out several chapters of reading. Besides, I knew that I would be knitting tonight before bed.

The picture below is where the scarf is now. I wasn't sure at first how I was going to like having the light pink on one side of the scarf and the hot pink on the other. The more I knit the more I am really liking the effect. This picture doesn't really do the colors justice. I will have to take a picture of it in natural light and post it.

7 comments:

  1. It's not a "Future Knitting" project anymore. Now you need to change it to the "On My Needles" catagory. It's unique & very pretty in your chosen colorway.The Backstabber is a yummy pink to me. Course it looks like it could go with my Sangria colored hoodie by the color in the picture.

    I think I will have to add this scarf to my list of possibilities. I'd like to use a cool color with a warm color & see how that looks. That's what Joelle's book used, but I wonder if any color combo as long as one's warm & one's cool would work as pretty. A new future quest to answer for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That scarf RAWKS! You better keep a close eye on it and make sure Shameka doesn't try to snatch it. Her favorite colors pink ya know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, I may just have to "snatch up" those two colorways when I get to Rhinebeck. The scarf is soooo beautiful. The color pattern looks just right. I don't think you could have planned it that way if you tried. The progress is phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There will not be any snatching of any kind! I can't put this project down. It's flying on my needles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love the pattern of this scarf and of course the colors...GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE IT! The way the light pink is on one side and the hot pink on the other is awesome. The whole thing is very undulating and hypnotizing. I've been bitten with the startitis bug!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uh, oh! The bug's going around & this one needs an innoculation & not bug repellant. Startitis is a very serious condition. Immediate shots are needed all around. Ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete