Monday, July 16, 2007

Falling In Love Socks All Over Again

I enjoyed knitting the Falling In Love Sock so much that I immediately proceeded to start it all over again in another color. This sock was going to be a gift (shhhhh...it's a surprise) but unfortunately something happened in the sizing of the length. The only difference from this sock and the pink one is the yarn. Different brand, but same gauge. Even though I increased the length in the foot before I started the Gusset/Flap heel, it still didn't turn out to be length it was suppose to be. After having a discussion with my sister Mary Beth, we decided that if I had used size 2 needles instead of size 1, I would have gotten the length I wanted because of the yarn I used. So, this sock fits me perfectly! Maybe it was destined to be mine in the end anyway?!?!? (BTW, I will be knitting this sock again for the intended giftee. But Shhhhh, remember it's a surprise)


For this sock I used Knit Picks Memories 100% Merino Wool yarn in Yukon. At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like the "perfect" striping of this yarn. When I started to see the lace/cable pattern I immediately decided I did indeed like the effect. I personally love how the striping goes from vertical to horizontal up the foot on the underside through the heel. If you look at the picture really close you can see the heart pattern going up the sock. Thus the name of the sock, Falling In Love!


Now I've got to start the second sock!

5 comments:

  1. That looks so purty! I love how the dark & light blue pooled on the instep. One of my favorite parts of any sock is seeing how the yarn behaves on the instep opposite the heel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woa! The color is so much more intense than I would have thought. I really like this color. It's a blue jean wearing pair! Funny how striping yarns all stripe in a unique way. Jitterbug looks more random & diagonal, while Memoirs is quite uniform. You have now officially made more socks than me(by a half a pair! :*)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So my goal today is to start the second sock! I really do love the blues in this sock very much. I totally agree that this is a jean wearing pair. MB - I'll bring it with me in August so you can see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, love love love this sock!!!!!!Lovvvve the color.....the striping is really great.Your knitting needles are on fire with all your progress...do I smell smoke????

    ReplyDelete