Monday, September 24, 2007

A Little Bit Of Everything

I really didn't get much knitting done this weekend. Everytime I sat down to knit on Friday evening, I just felt sick to my tummy. I think it had a lot to do with getting to bed really late and then waking up really late in the day. My system was all out of wack. But, tonight I was able to make some good progress on my CPH sleeves. I have completed 8 increase rounds and only have 2 more to go (that's going to be a total of 16 rows more). After that I will be working on finishing the sleeves up to measure 19" before I attack the sleeve cap.



Today I managed to finally bind-off my first Mustang Sally sock. I used a new technique for this. I completed the sewn bind-off. I am really impressed with how it turned out. I didn't have to worry about it being too tight or too loose. It was just right. I must remember this technique for future socks. I will cast-on for the second sock by the weekend. I'm currently working on another Christmas gift and I want to make some good headway on it before I pick-up Mustang Sally #2. Plus I want to give CPH some TLC this week. As soon as I finished the sleeves I will block everything and seam. I can't wait to start the hood!


So as I said earlier, I didn't get much knitting done this weekend. On Saturday Lisa came over and we did some scrapbooking. Or should I say, Lisa scrapbooked and I printed pictures. I printed enough pictures to create 5 more spreads. I did manage to finish "At The Exhibit" spread on Saturday though. I had everything done last weekend except for the journaling. Now my scrapping count will increase to 2 more completed. This spread is from my visit to the Skyscraper Musuem in Battery Park. It's amazing that there are actually musuems we can go to in the city for $5. In addition to the Burj Dubai building exhibit, they also had a section dedicated to the Twin Towers. It was awesome to see photos from when they were being built.

6 comments:

  1. Where to start, hmm? Love the Sally sock it is a lovely color. Where did you get instruction for the bind-off? That would be very interesting to check out. It's great that you keep trying new things to add to the repertoire.

    I am most facinated with what you saw at the museum.Cool contemporary feel to your layout w/ the silver sticker's & chrome look.

    You are going to town with CPH. I finally sat down after a weekend of sadness over Kitty & am at the last 8" of the back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I think I will ask God to create another day in the week, so I can keep up with you. We can call it WIPday or UFOday. The non-knitters well, they don't have to know about it. They can just carry on like normal. LOL!!
    It is looking very, very nice. I better finish my button band before you beat me to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great sock and congrats on the progress on your hoodie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Beth - I got the technique from the Interweave Knits Magazine that we both have. The sewn bind-off is in the glossery. I am happy with how the layout turned out. Ya know, I bought those silver stickers with you in August. Want to hear something funny? I went to use them for Exhibit and would you believe that there was NO X?!?! Of all the letters I needed. However I really like how using the other stickers makes it look. So I guess you had no luck on Sunday getting Kitty? Big hug!!

    Shameka - Oh if we had another day to just knit than I would really get ahead! My CPH is creeping up on yours! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love how in the end a mistake or an unplanned use of something on a scrap page,(like not having an X in your silver letters forcing you to use a different style letter)turns out so well? Love that...
    Anyway your sock looks great and your CPH sleeves also look good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been to that museum. Did you know the Police Museum is right next to my building? I haven't been there either. Sally sock looks great. Is the sewn bind-off the same as kitchener? I love me some kitchener.

    ReplyDelete