Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Secret Pal 11 - The Questionnaire

So I have signed up for Secret Pal 11. I am really excited about it. Here are my answers to the questionnaire I have to post. I am looking forward to receiving my pal.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Right now I am knitting with Merino Superwash yarns for socks. I enjoy working with anything soft - cottons, blends, etc. I can't stand super scratchy itchy wool. I have sensitve skin and I just can't imagine wearing anything like that all day long.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Right now my needles are all in their original packaging sitting in a canvas bag.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting since 2002. One of my girlfriends taught me. After watching her knit everyday at work, I wanted to learn. I consider myself to be an intermediate knitter.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, Amazon.

5. What's your favorite scent? I like scents that are gentle - not overpowering. Lavendar is really nice.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Oh absolutley. I love chocolate. Nothing with nuts. Peppermint patties have always been a favorite. Non-chocolate favs are cherry Twizzlers.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I am also an avid scrapbooker.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I listen to all kinds of music - pop, rock, classical, disco. I don't care for heavy metal.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? My favorite colors are shades of red and pink. I also love purple. The only colors I tend to stay away from are greens and yellows. It's not that I don't like them, it's just that I don't like the colors on me.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am not married, have no children and I can't have a pet where I live.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear scarves, hats, gloves. I prefer my hats to be a more fitted cap style. Scarves need to be able to wrap around my neck like 3 times.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Hmmmm, I have knitted alot of scarves and hats. Right now I am addicted to knitting socks.

13. What are you knitting right now? Right now I am knitting several things - Socks, Felted Tote Bags and Some Secret Christmas gifts.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Sure.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I prefer circular needles. I use bamboo when I can't find the metal circulars or the yarn I am working with is extra slippery.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Nope.

17. How old is your oldest UFO? Hmmm, I have to say my very first sock from 2003. However, I am planning on knitting it's mate soon.

18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas.

19. Is there anything that you collect? I collect angels.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I want to get Interweaves "Favorite Socks" book, the "Fitted Knits" book by Stephanie Japel, Knit Picks circular needles in 0,1 and 3 (24"). I want to get some Lorna Laces Shepard sock yarn, Risata yarn from Knit Picks, Schaefer Anne Hand Painted Luxury Wool Yarn #168. I do not have any magazine subscriptions.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Well considering I just started lace and cables patterns I can't think of anything else at the moment.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes. I just recently fell in lve with sock knitting after my very first attempt years ago. Now I can't stop. My shoe size is a ladies 7. My foot circumferance is 8.25. My foot length is 9.

23. When is your birthday? August 17th.

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? Just got my invite today (Aug 17). ID - angelny29

1 comment:

  1. You will have so much fun with this swap, both the giving & the receiving. I love lavender too. I just wrote your b-day on my calendar! I also signed up for the Monkey Sock Swap #3 yesterday and have to post my questionnaire today!

    ReplyDelete