Friday, August 24, 2007

A Knitting Friday

Last night before I went to sleep, I put a plan of action into play for my Friday. First, I knew I wanted to sleep in, even if that only means until 7am or 8am (anything is better than 4:30am). I don't work Friday's so while everyone else is running off to work, I am starting my weekend. So sleeping in without the alarm blarring in my ear was heaven!

Secondly, I wanted to finish the Harry Potter book. I got to a really great part the other night and hated to close the book to get some much needed sleep. So this morning when my body woke up naturally at 8:30am, after taking care of a few morning things, I crawled back into bed and cracked the book open. I told myself I wasn't going to do anything else today until I finished it. I didn't have much left to read, but let me tell you, it was great reading. By 9:30am I had completed it! I now knew what so many other people knew the day the book came out. All I can say is "Wow"!

With the little task of finishing the book done, I moved from the bed to the couch. This is where I looked at all my knitting wanting, and begging, to be worked on. After pondering which project to pick up, I immediately began working on one of my Christmas presents. Yes, that is right, Christmas presents! Right now I have three in the works, along with the stuff for myself. So after knitting for about an hour I looked around my apartment and decided I had to do some chores. With being sick for a week and a half my apartment had been pretty much neglected and was a mess. I couldn't take it anymore, and since I was feeling much better, I had to tackle it.

Now that the chores were complete, I thought I might hit the gym. I need to get back into my running or else the NYC Marathon is going to be going out of my grasp this year. However, it didn't happen for me today. Even though I an feeling better, I am still not 100%. The energy I expended cleaning my apartment was probably what I would have had stored up for my run. Tomorrow it will happen!!!!


Instead, I picked up another one of my knitting projects. As you can see from this picture, the baby hat I am making is complete. It would have been done a couple of days ago but I decided to change the pattern. I didn't like how the original short row crown shaping was turning out. I still say something is wrong with the pattern, but anyway I worked around it. I decided to just complete a stockinette decrease over 13 rows. I have to say, it was a snap and I am happy to have it done. Now I just need to make the baby booties. I was going to start the ones in the magazine, but again, I am not really liking what they did. So right now I am looking for another pattern to use.

Tonight I met up with Shameka and a couple of her friends for a little Friday night knitting meet-up at the Virgin Megastore Cafe. It was alot of fun meeting other knitters and having the opportunity to just sit, knit and chat away! Before the evening ended, I had to whip out my camera to document our event. As you can see, Shameka is beautifully posing with her Snuggle sweater. I was aiming for a candid shot but she caught me. Hmmmm can you guess what her favorite color is?

Chante was busily knitting away on one of her socks when I snapped her pic. She probably sensed the lense on her but remained in her knitting mode. I'm not sure what pattern she is using but the yarn is so soft and stretchy. It's a cotten that has elastic in it. As soon as she said that I immediately thought of the Knit Picks Risata yarn my sister used to knit her latest sock.

Here is Saunielle plugging away on her cape with sleeves that isn't a caplet but more like a jacket. Ooops actually this is her casting on to start it over again. She didn't like the pattern she was doing with the yarn so she decided to frog it and start over. All I knew was one moment she was knitting away and the next time I looked up she had ripped everything out. I guess this is what happens when you are designing something yourself. But you see, she still has a smile on her face!

Lastly, I purchased my yarn today for knitting my Central Park Hoodie. I am so excited and can't wait for it to arrive.

4 comments:

  1. It was great knitting with you, we must do it again (and we can talk HP too)
    Hopefully Shameka will finish her CPH sweater before you finish yours (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are already working on Christmas gifts? Wow--that is being really organized! Me, I still have to finish a hat and stocking that I had hoped to complete by last Christmas. When I realized I wouldn't make that deadline, I decided to put them down "until later," but somehow haven't managed to pick them up again. Maybe you will inspire me to get the ball rolling on this stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, I had a wonderful time on Friday, and we will definately do this again. I ordered my CPH yarn for my second sweater, so I HAVE to finish my first one. Hehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun times! Looks like you had a good time knitting with the ladies. Ravelry probably has some good booty patterns. They are so tiny there's no reason to use a pain in the ass pattern.

    ReplyDelete