Several years ago I had come across 8 washcloth patterns written by (???), ummm, well I'll have to get back to you on who wrote them because I don't seem to have the patterns here with me. Anyway, they were knitted in Euroflax Linen. I was dying to make them. At the time I purchased all this yarn that you see below, it was hard to find it anywhere. So I bought several skeins in pretty pretty colors. You can get two washcloths from one skein. Please note that this pile of stash doesn't represent all the skeins. I have a total of 2 yellows and 2 whites. I didn't see the need to put them in the picture. Also, the lilac on is a second skein too. I didn't use this one up in making the washcloths in this post. So indeed, that's alot of linen. What was I thinking all those years ago?
Needless to say that in my inexperienced knitting days I only made one washcloth out of the dark blue yarn. I wasn't totally impressed with how it came out but had started another one in the lilac. That one never got finished and it and all the yarn was forever buried in my stash. That is until last week.
I didn't have any portable knitting projects on my needles (all current projects too big now to bring to work) so I wasn't getting as much knitting done as I usually do. After two weeks of reading books during my down time at work, I decided I needed to start something that wouldn't take forever and would give me some instant gratification.
So here we are....
The washcloth on the left is the Basket Weave Washcloth. I started that on 2/11/08 and completed it on 2/13/08. The one on the right is the Tile Washcloth. I started that on 2/13/08 and completed it on 2/15/08. What is nice about the linen is that it is machine washable and dryable.
Last but not least, I received my Hat of Death on Friday evening. Here it is: