Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Welcome the New Year

I am absolutely amazed at how fast 2007 went by for me. Ever since I entered the blogging world I have accomplished more than I ever thought I would. Shameka first peeked my interest in blogging after reading hers for a few months. However, the day I met Kim outside my office building, and she took a picture of me knitting for her blog, I knew I just needed to take the plunge. Little did I know that my sister Mary Beth was right behind me. Now six months later, I have made new friends and completed a whopping 21projects (9 of which were Christmas presents).

I finally made it back from my wonderful 9 day holiday visit in SC on Sunday. While there I finished my Fawkes socks, started the Peapod Baby set (body is complete; need to start the sleeves), casted-on and started the ribbing for the Knitty Thermal and also started/completed another Christmas gift that I'll reveal in a few days. I'll post pictures of all knitting later. Believe it or not I even got some scrapbooking completed. Only a couple of spreads but at least it was something.

Anyway, my family who received knitted gifts loved them this year.

Dad received a completed pair of 2-tone socks in a basic stockinette pattern. The yarn used was Louet Sales Gems Opal in Beige and Tan.

Do you think he liked them?

Mom received a pair of Elfine pattern socks. I used the Knit Picks Memories yarn. My mind is drawing a blank of the colorway. Doesn't matter because it's discontinued anyway.

Here mom is letting her shoulders model that socks while she pulls out the other goodies in her Santa bag.

Finally Mary Beth received a pair of Falling In Love socks (which I believe will be the last pair I ever knit - I have done 3 pairs now, whew). Again I used the Knit Picks Memories yarn in colorway Redwood Forest.

Isn't she just lovely showing off those socks?

So what does the new year hold for me? Well I think the concept of only having 4 knitted projects going at once worked very well for me. Of course while doing these projects I am allowed to cast on for gifts. I have yarn in my stash that I definitely have attached to projects that will get done very soon.

My scrapbooking goals will be more reasonable this year. Mary Beth and I are going to have a challenge of completing 104 pages this year - that's 1 two page spread a week. I would like to complete all my photos from 2007 and finally finish the last couple of spreads for my 2003 album to be complete.

Running will always have goals for me. This year I will be completing my 2nd marathon in November. Nothing will keep me away from it this year. Throughout the year there are some half marathons I want to complete along with shorter races.

Other personal goals for me would be to get my freelancing career off the ground! I finally have all the items I need to get started (computer and software). My first goal is to design and get my own website up and running by the end of February.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a fabulous New Year!

P.S. I'll have to post the pics of the yarn I purchased while in SC. I didn't fall down too hard. Everything was on sale! It just added to my Enstashancements. Besides, it won't marinate for too long.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, what nice socks. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are we tired yet? You must need new needles...all your others have to be worn out from extensive use, lol! I am going to enjoy my new socks from you some more this week since a cold front finally hit here. I love 'em & THANKS :)Good, realistic goals for this year. They tend to get accomplished when they are close to your current abilities(w/ just that little extra to be a bit challenging.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! Looks like you had a great time with your family this Christmas and everyone enjoyed recieving their gifts...I know I did! I can't wait to see all the pics you took of everything. Hope this year is a year of lots of success, accoplishments, happiness,and love for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! Welcome back! You sure did knit a lot in 2007. I'm glad you joined the blogosphere and my circle of friends. Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete