Friday, October 24, 2008

Rhinebeck Memories - Part III

What can I say now that I have totally decompressed from my Rhinebeck adventure? It was an incredibly awesome experience. I have never seen so much yarny goodness in one place and so many people with the same passion as myself. It was tons of fun with lots of good laughs with old friends and new. I am looking forward to next year for sure, especially when I have my sis there to enjoy it with me. Until then, here are my final pictures from the weekend.

The beautiful fall colors that landed in my yarn purchases.



The craziness of The Fold (STR yarn) after I stood in line for my little purchase.

While waiting for Shameka to make her STR purchase she told me where to find Brooks Farm Fiber.

In this picture if you look at the yarn on the top left hand of the display, there is my yarn purchase. On day two this display was no longer there.

Ellen's 1/2 Pint Farm yarn display in one of the barns. This picture was on Day Two because too many people were standing in front of it on Day One. This was jammed packed full the day before.

And of course this is the yarn that wanted to come home with me so bad. I must have stood there for half an hour holding it while discussing with Misa, Shameka, Michelle and Sophia whether it should be purchased. I decided to leave it behind, but I am still in love with those gorgeous colors. I can always order it down the road if I find the right pattern to go with it. There is enough yarn to make a whole sweater and then some. Btw, the colorway of this yarn is "Fall Leaves". Go figure.

Then there were all the animals. Unfortunately this is the only picture I took of them. This Llama caught my eye. The owner convinced me to let Mr Llama to give me a kiss on the cheek. (Shameka has the picture of the kiss on her blog.) I only agreed after he told me it would just be warm air on my skin. I could have stood there all day petting Mr. Llama. He is sooooooo soft.

Oh all the spinning wheels...

...the February Lady sweaters...

...and the Sleeping Beauty at the Sheep Cheese Demonstration. She informed us that she was counting "Stitches", but in reality she was counting "Sheep".

The Ravelry party was a huge success. So many people turned up at the Elks Lodge. So many in fact that the police showed up and lots of people had to move their cars off the side of the street. Fortunately, Shameka and I managed to pull here litte car into the tiny gravel lot when we arrived.

The first 400 hundred Raveler's got little goody bags. Very cool and I am not quite sure what I will do with the lavendar yarn that was in my bag.

The Bob cupcakes...

The knitters...

The craptastic photo of the Yarn Harlot sitting behind me...

Finally all the raffle numbers sitting before me and none were winners...

3 comments:

  1. Oh the happy memories come flooding back! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee whiz where do I start? The fall colors there would have definitely inspired my purchases too. The 1/2 Pint yarn is like, "Yowza!" Between Brooks Farm & there I'd have had a serious cardiac arrest. Would have died & said it was heaven then and there. Cute pic of Shameka, the knitters, & the Feb. Lady Sweater sightings. I wonder if they'd mind their arses in all their glory on your blog. LOL. Oh, and there was beer at the Ravely party & wine at the festival???? Good. Very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I'm not the only one counting days until next year! And I'm also glad I'm not the only one trying to figure out what to do with one skein of low yardage yarn....

    ReplyDelete