Monday, August 11, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

Well what can I say? I don't have any knitting FO's to show. I actually didn't pick up my socks at all this weekend. I could have taken a picture of the yarn to share the delicious color with you, but that would just have been a tease. As I look around my apartment I see a couple of piles of knitting calling out to me to be picked up and given some attention. It's just still too warm in my apartment to do anything but socks.

So what have I been doing with my time? I've been doing a boat load of running! This is what happens when I am training for a marathon. My long runs on the weekends just get longer and I am usually too tired afterward to do anything but rest. I am doing something new this year with my training. Since I don't work Friday's, I am adding a split run day into my routine. I run only 1 mile in the morning as fast as I can at race pace and then run an easy 2 miles in the evening. This will help me with my speed, not that it is really about speed for me in a marathon, but it will definitely benefit me in the long run. This past week I have run 6 days and logged 30 miles. Saturday was a 10 mile long run. I have resumed my running along the Hudson River in the city for these runs. It's scenic and usually has a great breeze first thing in the morning.


Maybe next post will actually have knitting content!

5 comments:

  1. I doubt I'd be knitting after all that running. Running along the Hudsion or East River in the morning must be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't run unless there was a lion chasing me. Then maybe I could run. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been way to hot to run here. I am looking forward to that slight morning cool off. Once it starts its appearance, I'll get back at it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Hurray for running...you are really getting a lot in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deb! I'm glad to see you are back at it! Check your email when you get a moment and write back!

    ReplyDelete