Friday, March 7, 2008

It's Love

Today I finally had the chance to get aquainted with my new sewing machine! I am totally in love with it. I didn't know what I had been missing with a computerized sewing machine. I think it's awesome that I don't even have to use to foot peddle. I am going to have so much fun!
I ended up placing a fabric order over at Fabric.com the other day because I had a little project in mind that I wanted to do. Something to jump start me back into sewing after all these years. Fabric.com is awesome. I got my order in 3 days. I ordered 2 fabrics. One is just a simple burgandy cotton broadcloth and the other is Amy Butler's Lotus Temple Garland Clay. I'm not going to tell ya'll what I am making. You will just have to pop on back by and see for yourself what it is.

When I posted about geting my new baby, Kim had commented that she had bought something and wasn't sure why she did at the time. Then when she saw my post She realized why, and gifted it to me.

At lunch on Thursday she gave me the Amy Butler Gum Drop Pillows pattern. This was something I had been considering purchasing the other day, but decided to hold off at the time.

Thank you so much Kim. I am so thrilled to have this pattern. I had been wanting to get an ottoman so I could prop my feet up when I am knitting on my couch. Now I can! The Gum Drop Ottoman is definitely on my sewing list now.

So besides my over excitement of getting ready to sew a project any day now, I did devote time to my knitting projects. Since I currently don't need any of the chart patterns for Juno Regina right now, I have been brining it to work this week. I've made excellent progress as this picture shows. Believe it or not I am over 13 inches into the 42 inches.

Tilted Duster has the back and both front pieces completed. I started the sleeves Wednesday night. I am happy that I will be able to knit both at the same time since they aren't in the round. I be devoting some of my knitting time this weekend to finishing up my Thermal sleeve. I am so close to finishing that baby!

3 comments:

  1. Yummmmy that material looks delicious! I wonder what you are going to make with it?? I think I know but won"t say out loud. The Juno is turning out beautiful, love the lay of the colors, very pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it was me, I'd be making a boxy bag for carring my small knitting projects. I have that on my to do list. It takes two fabrics. How nice that your machine sews w/out the pedal. That's a nice feature to have. Cool.

    I just realized the juno wrap is relatively rectangular. I don't know why I thought it was triangular. Duh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you like the ottoman pattern! No foot pedal! That's great. Whenever I sew, I have control problems with the foot pedal. Love the fabric you picked out too.

    ReplyDelete