Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Every Inch Counts

I firmly believe that every inch does indeed count! The last I spoke of Juno Regina I was only 13 inches into the "42 inches of the same 2 rows". As of last night I was at 24.5 inches. Woo Hoo! I know I added a couple more inches on it today at work.

This has been my travel knitting because the Heart Baby Blanket got too bulky to bring to the office. Plus I have a thumb sprain (right hand) from knitting on it. I kid you not. The blanket got heavy to work with, and since I was working on it so much, a spot in my thumb joint (the part where the thumb connects to the side of your hand) hurts when I knit on it for too long. Hopefully I won't have to go through physical therapy. LOL Anyway, the baby blanket will be completed this holiday weekend. I am very close to making it a FO.


Juno Regina has been referred to "guacamole" and "...looks like you are knitting salad..."

Finally tonight, a new project. This is 2 skeins of Cherry Tree Hill Glitter Alpaca Yarn, colorway Old Rose that I purchased from the Yarn Market. I have been eyeing this Hat and Scarf in the Vogue Knitting Winter 2004/05 issue ever since I got the magazine. So why haven't I made it? Very simple. It is a crochet pattern. I do not crochet. What is a girl to do? Well I found someone who does crochet and she has agreed to make it for me. I am super excited. This person will get a lovely special gift in return for her awesomeness for taking time out of her knitting life to make this for me. So who is this special person you ask? Well you can find out here.

6 comments:

  1. The guacamole is lookin delicious!!! Haha!! I am so excited, and honored to have been chosen for the task. About to start the ball-winding now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you are keeping up with being healthy...your even knitting salad...lol haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, guacamole. Or endamame. Shameka is a sweetie for crocheting for you. I have the Old Rose colorway in sock yarn. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am hungry just looking at your shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pain in your thumb sounds very suspiciously like deQuervain's Tendinitis. I had this in June of 06. I finally went to the orthopedist-a shot or cortisone and immobilization of the thumb worked. Maybe you could start with Motrin as an inflammatory. You should be able to purchase a metal splint in the drug store and tape it at night. I did knit while wearing the splint.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shawl does kinda look like salad. Hmmm, I think my cousin lives in Montclair

    ReplyDelete