Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

Happy Tuesday! I hope everyone had a wonderful long holiday weekend! For it being a long weekend it sure did seen to go by so fast.

My long weekend started a little early on Friday with early dismissal from my job. Too bad it was raining, windy and freezing cold. 
Saturday wasn't much better. The rain continued and it still felt like winter had returned. Oh yeah, by the way, part of upstate New York, close to VT border, received 3 feet of snow! It IS summer, isn't it?

I spent a good part of my day knitting and reading. My fingers were itching to knit on my Sock Yarn Blankie. During knitting breaks, I engrossed myself with a book my sister recommended to me that I am having a very hard time putting down. Thanks sis!
Sunday redeemed itself some. The rain left and was replaced with some sun. There was still a chill in the air with the wind that stayed with us. It was nice to finally get outside and enjoy the weekend just a tad. My honey and I spent a couple hours out on our favorite running trails. 
I took advantage of the sunny day to finally try my new Oakley running sunglasses. They survived my 9 mile run and I LOVE them! I also sported a new BAMR headband. It stayed put just like it's supposed to!

Monday was the best day of the whole weekend! It was sunny and the temps got warmer as the day progressed. Manny and I finally went and saw Star Trek Into Darkness movie. I really was excited to see it and was not disappointed. We ended our weekend with a little stroll through Astoria Park. It was perfect!

So tell me, how did you spend your holiday weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment