Monday, May 13, 2013

Blogging Again

It's been quite awhile since I last posted. Two months and six days to be exact.

During this time away, I have thought often about posting again. However, each time the thought entered my mind, I was at a loss for words. I didn't want to write another post until I found the strength to write this one first. Because you see, I can't move forward without acknowledging why I have been absent from my blog for so long. Maybe it's part of my healing process.

Now I think it's time. I think I am ready.

On March 12, I received a phone call that no one ever wants to receive. This call changed my life forever. My parents were on the other end to tell me that my brother had unexpectedly passed away that morning. I can still hear the words in my head as if it was just yesterday.

The past two months have been incredibly hard. There are the good days, then there are the bad days. There is not a day that goes by where I don't think of my brother. Even through all my running and working, he is always on my mind, even when I have a smile plastered on my face. I miss him more than he probably could of ever imagined.

I know the process of healing takes time and is not the same for everyone. I know eventually it will get easier. I know that getting to that point will take however long it takes and that is ok. 

Here's to you big brother! I will always remember you with that wonderful smile you always had on your face.
 Frederick A. Klumpp III
June 16, 1963 - March 12, 2013

I love you and miss you!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about your brother, it must be such a huge loss. Big hugs to you. I'm glad you're back to blogging. xo

    ReplyDelete