Friday, November 2, 2012

American Red Cross and NYC Marathon

As you all know, Hurricane Sandy came through this week and caused so much devastation to the surrounding area. I was fortunate to retain my power and not have to endure what so many of my friends and loved ones are going through right now. The Mayor has decided that the NYC Marathon will happen as planned. The show will go on and with that, I will be toeing the start line this Sunday morning. It is not an easy decision, but it is one that I have made. I will be running through the city I love so much and hope to bring some spirit back to it. 

Early this morning I made a donation to the American Red Cross through the Recover Fund the New York Road Runners organization created to donate $1 million. I have chosen to take it one step further and have created my own fundraising page. I ask that if you can spare a small donation to help those who desperately need it, I would greatly appreciate it and thank you from the bottom of my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment