Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Four Days

Well it's four days until the Philadelphia Marathon! I am getting really excited about it now. Walking home from the subway tonight, I was thinking of just how close I am to running my second marathon. It was something that I wasn't sure if I was ever going to do again. 

It still boggles my mind that I have been able to complete, now, 18 weeks of training with relatively minor issues this year. During the past five years, my training always got derailed with an injury and I ended up having to defer my NYC Marathon entry. While I was ready to run NYC for the second time this year, mother nature had other plans, and I almost thought all my hard work and training was for nothing. Thankfully Philadelphia has adopted us NYC'ers and I get to fulfill my dream of running another marathon. Eeeks!

As of today, I have completed my second easy 3 miler run. I almost didn't think today's run was going to happen. I woke up this morning not feeling well. Ever since Hurricane Sandy came through I have been having a non-stop runny nose and am constantly cold (even at work where the air conditioning runs non-stop above my desk) and last night I was so cold I went to bed bundled up like I was sleeping outside in Alaska. Besides the constant nose issue, this morning I felt run down and had a little sore throat. The last thing I need right now is to be sick. I have boosted up my vitamins and drinking lots of hot tea in hopes of getting through the next few days without feeling worse. I did decide to run at lunch today because I didn't want the pressure of taking today off and then knowing I HAD to run tomorrow. But let me tell you right now, I will be running on Sunday!!!


So now I am in this stage of preparing for race day:


I have started gathering the items I will need for both during and after the race. I haven't completely decided on my racing attire yet (i.e., whether I will be wearing my running skirt, shorts or capris), but I am pretty certain I will be donning my NYC Marathon technical shirt we got. Philadelphia mentioned they wouldn't have our race shirts in time for Sunday and encouraged us to where our NYC shirts. I thought it was a brilliant idea. I will be sporting my pride for NYC.

The lottery entrants haven't received race bib numbers yet. They said we would of had that information emailed to us this past Monday. Of course it hasn't happened yet. I'm just happy that the race fee charge has finally showed up on my credit card. As soon as I have my bib number I will let ya'll know so you can track me on race day. I'll give you the details of that too.

Now I am off to eat and rest! Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment