Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Swans A Singing

Can you believe I have another pair of socks done? What's going on with me? One would never know that up until last year I hated knitting socks. Now I can't stop. I'm trying to burn through my sock stash because there is always some other sock yarn I want to purchase. I refuse to have a sock stash that would take me over 100 years to knit. I'm being a good girl and am not going to buy any more sock yarn until Rhinebeck. I can probably get at least 2-3 more pairs done by then. Hunh?

Here's the lastest addition to my collection:


Pattern:
Swan Song Socks by Wendy Johnson (Free Pattern @ The Loopy Ewe)
Yarn: Sundara Sock Yarn; Colorway - French Navy Over Topaz (Won this yarn in one of Kim's blog contests a while back)
Needles: Knit Picks Fixed Circs Size 1.5
Started: September 3rd
Finished: September 16th

What can I say? I looooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeee the yarn. It is absolutely amazing to knit with and I want to give a huge shout out to Kim for giving this fabulous yarn as a prize. Thanks Kim! It was dreamy to have my fingers upon and my feet are going to appreciate it in the cooler weather.

The pattern is a toe-up, which I am a big fan of, and is super easy to follow. The only thing I wish I had done was knit the socks in a size 1 needle instead of the 1.5's. I originally started them with size 2's. Got all the way to the gussett increases and decided it was going to be way too big. Went down a half size and got a much better fit in the foot, but with the pattern only being on the front side of the leg, the back tends to be a little baggy. With all that said, I love these socks!

This morning I started another pair of socks. Will share another day.

On the Titled Duster front, I seamed the sleeves up last week and was going to attached them this weekend, but the humid heatwave that came through made it so I didn't want to go near this knit at all. Maybe this weekend since the temps are down in the 70's now.

I am also patiently awaiting my yarn to arrive so I can start knitting Wicked up and hopefully finish it in time for Rhinebeck. The store didn't have enough skeins in stock of the same dye lot. They said they already had an order placed for it and asked if I wanted to wait. I said absolutely. Hope it arrives this weekend. We shall see!

7 comments:

  1. I bet you can get 2 or 3 more pairs done by then, no problem. :) I love that yarn!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your SOS has turned into something much more significant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous lovely socks! I am so glad you loved the Sundara yarn. I'm one of those people with 100 yrs worth of sock yarn so I like to give it away in blog contests. LOL. Only 30 days until Rhinebeck (I count Friday 10/17 because the fun begins then).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most excellent socks! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great socks! You are a productive knitter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am waiting impatiently for Rhinebeck now. Although my SOS count really s-u-c-k-e-d I am currently making a pair of socks totally of my own design. You'd be proud. Guess it makes me feel better since my miserly sock yarn stash still exists. I too have a Sundara blog winning yarn to knit up. Love thte colorway of yours. Cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I annoint the sock queen of summer 2008! I love the color of those socks, the are delightful.

    ReplyDelete