Sunday, June 29, 2008

Summer of Socks #1

Well my first pair of socks for Summer of Socks 08 are complete! I'm actually very happy to be done with them for the simple reason of having to do a cable in between my two circs. The pattern was designed for dpns. Anyway, I managed to get through those 7 pattern repeats in the leg of each sock and was thankful the cabling was only 1 row out of the 12.

Would I knit this pattern again? Maybe. It is a very pretty sock and I really like the look of the cabling. If I did them again I would definitely choose a yarn that doesn't stripe at all. I must also broadcast this warning to anyone who wants to knit this pattern. You must go up a needle size than you would normally use for the leg. If you don't, the sockie won't go over your heel! Bummer hunh?


Here are the stats:

Pattern: Saucy by Cider Moon
Yarn: Claudia Hand Painted; Colorway - Chocolate Cherry (2 skeins)
Needles: Knit Picks Size 2.5 and 2
Started: June 21st
Finished: June 28th

7 comments:

  1. Those look very cool. And it's only been summer for what, 8 days? What a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Deb!! I am going to just give up on trying to keep up with you. LOL!!! But, I am still pushing forward. I'm about 20 rows away from my heel. aarrgghh!!!!

    8 days is amazing, especially withthat cable fiasco troubling you. So what's next on the SOS08 agenda???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great socks! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, Uncle, you win. I don't know that I will finish one pair this summer.

    They are lovely socks. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is incredibly fast, and they're pretty cool looking too. They look like a pink zebra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! I had been meaning to comment on the first one (did I?) And now here you have both!

    ReplyDelete