Monday, May 19, 2008

New Additions

I finally placed my very first order with Loopy Ewe the other day. I had been a browser for quite some time and never managed to purchase anything. Primarily because I couldn't make up my mind what I really wanted. I'm the type of person that loves to see yarn in person and touch all of its loveliness.

Now that I am participating in the Summer of Socks 08 this year, I new I wanted to get at least a couple of more purty sock yarns in my collection. I placed my order on Wednesday, received an email from Loopy on Thursday stating one of my choices was no longer available and package was at my doorstep on Saturday.


Two yarns below is what I got from Loopy. The third is one
Kim bought for me at MDSW (Love that she offered to be my personal shopper).

Top down in picture are: Tess' Designer Yarns (colourway: Have No Idea) - This is what Kim picked up for me at MDSW. It's hard to see in the picture but there is a good deal of purple in the yarn. Nice yardage on the hank too! Next: Farmhouse Yarns - Colourway Plums and Pinks. I originally had ordered Red Roses but got this as a replacement. The plum color is not very prominent in this mostly pink yarn. it will be interesting to see how it knits up. Finally: Cherry Tree Hill - Colourway Blueberry Sorbet.


So I am now prepared for SOS. All my sock yarns are now nice little cakes waiting to be picked from the pile. It's a small stash compared to some of those on Ravelry, but I figure if I make it through all this yarn before the end of SOS, I can always purchase more!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, you are so orgnaized. Are your needles ready? I'm just winging it for SOS and haven't really planned out any yarn to use. Ain't Loopy Ewe great?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow they all look beautiful but I think my favourite is the pink one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, lovely choices. Pointy sticks at the ready, let the knitting begin:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have my yarn in nice little cakes zipped up in a couple of ziploc bags. I am so excited to begin. I love that plummy pink. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see those pink socks. I honor your ability to knit socks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty yarns and so ready. I better start winding! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a very lovely and quite respectable sock stash. Go you for having self control!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Deb.... You are making me wnt to buy something... My self-imposed yarn ban will be over on July 10th. I may have to pay loopy a visit. Your buys look wonderful. You know me, I especially love the pink one. Also, I am digging the pink and black yarn too. Can't wait to see what those look like. So, are you going to magic loop it or DPN it????

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything is such pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete