Tuesday, May 27, 2008

4 FOs in 4 Days

In my Saturday post I stated that I had set a goal of finishing 3 knitting projects by the end of the holiday weekend. I have already shared with you my completed Tickled Pink Retro Rib Socks. I wasn't sure exactly which projects I was going to finish by Monday, but I had a rough idea. Well one project is one that I have shared with you before and the other two are ones that are new and I finished before I could share. Out of technicality, I had 3 FOs by Monday evening and an extra FO by this afternoon.

First up is my Cozy! I really only had about 5 inches left to finish it on Sunday and had no doubt I would get it done. I still need to block it, but it sure is pretty big as is. Please pardon my couch modeling it. I live alone and the camera timer has a way of not taking oh so great pictures in my dungeon apartment.


Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash; Color: 837
(Roughly 3.75 skeins)
Started: April 22, 2008
Completed: May 25, 2008
Needles: Knit Picks Options Size 8

After finishing Cozy, I had enough leftover that I knew I wanted to do something with it, even if it wasn't enough to complete the project. Back in March, I had purchased a hank of Malabrigo Worsted that I knew I wanted to use for a hat. What was perfect is that in this hank the color pink matched the Cascade yarn.


Thus came about my Koolhaas Hat. I started the ribbing and first 5 rows of the pattern repeat in the Cascade yarn, then switched over to the Malabrigo. I also used the Cascade yarn over the last 3 rows of the very last pattern repeat and finished off with the Malabrigo.

Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash and Malabrigo Worsted; Colorway: Amoroso
Started: May 25, 2008
Completed: May 26, 2008
Needles: Size 6 and 8 circs; 8 dpns

With the hat done, I realized I had enough Malabrigo to make a little neck warmer. I keep wanting to call this a *Pidge* - On a blog I read, someone made something similiar and called it this. It has just stuck in my mind.

After browsing my lovely friend Ravelry, I came across the Tudora. It was perfect for this bit of yarn. The only thing I have to do to make it totally complete is purchase a button. I think I have a bit of time since my hat and neck warmer won't be worn for at least 4 months from now.

Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted; Colorway: Amoroso
(Half hank used)
Started: May 26, 2008
Completed: May 27, 2008
Needles: Knit Picks Options Size 6

So what can I say?!?! I am thrilled to have Cozy done and it is also very satisfying knowing I completed 2 additional projects using up yarn from each project. What's even better is that they all can be worn together!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, what a kool Koolhaas! I knew you would end up making one for yourself after you made that beautiful green one. I love the name Pidge. Nice neck warmer, nice Cozy, you are checking things off your list in an inspiring way! And they're all pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on four FOs over the weekend! And wow--that's a LOT of pink going on there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All very lovely! And so productive.

    Don't you just love Cozy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy busy busy bee. I hear a lot of buzzing. Love all the pink. It's so happy. You cannot be depressed wearing those colors this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors are gorgeous. Girl, there is just no stopping you!!! Wow!! I love what you did with the Koolhaas hat. I wonder what will be on the needles next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is impressive! the colors are great

    ReplyDelete