Friday, February 19, 2016

5 Days

When I received a very modest package filled with a some of my favorite pieces from a few of the new scrapbooking releases, I couldn't wait to sit down and create.

I was immediately drawn to all the pretty papers from Shimelle's Starshine Collection. I think what I love most about her new collection is all the gorgeous pink and coral toned papers!

After choosing the perfect picture, I set out to select my papers. I used three papers from the Starshine Collection, one from Maggie Holmes Bloom Collection, and an old one from October Afternoon Girl Talk Collection.
When I first started to plan my page I knew I wanted to use the gorgeous floral paper from Starshine as my background, the text paper from Bloom as a layer and black cardstock to mount my page and mat my picture.

From there, I selected two more patterned papers to go with my large layers and one cut apart paper from Starshine to use as embellishments.
For my main cluster I chose a few of my favorite phrases/words from the cut apart sheet. I liked them not only for what they said, but their color too. I also cut a 3x4 card from the yellow October Afternoon paper to house my journaling.

Some items from my stash also made it on to the page: chipboard floral from Crate Paper Craft Market, gold foiled heart die cuts from We R Memory Keepers Crush, and a Valentine's tag from Crate Paper Kiss Kiss.
My layers are sitting on top of two manufacturing strips from the Starshine papers that brought in more of the floral and navy blue found in the collection. The coral striped paper is from the cut apart paper. Oh how I loved using all those cut aparts!

After getting all my layers how I wanted them, I decided I needed to add a circular element. In came my scalloped punch to the rescue! It helped give me a place to anchor my title.

For the cluster at the top of the page, I added a couple more phrases from the cut apart paper and layered them on top of the gold heart washi tape, which also made a small appearance in the main cluster.
You can also see I added a couple little snippets of the two manufacturer strips that were also in my main cluster. I found the flair buttons from Starshine so cute and thought it made the perfect circular addition to the cluster. Enamel dots were my finishing touches added to both clusters!

Overall my layout turned out to be quite simple in embellishing. I didn't want to overwhelm the page and take away from my picture and story.

The story behind my picture is quite simple. I wanted to document that just five days earlier we had gotten married at City Hall, and now we were becoming Godparents. It had been quite an exciting week for us. So much to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment