Sunday, February 14, 2016

Fiber Family

I decided to spend our negative degree weather day inside scrapbooking. To me the chilly weather just gave me an excellent excuse to spend time at my craft desk guilt free. A winning situation if you ask me!

I have a serious backlog of untouched scrapbooking kits and one of my goals for this wonderfully long weekend, was to break into one of them.

My kit of choice was November's Clique Kit which featured We R Memory Keepers Wildflower collection. When I first saw this collection I loved it immediately, even though it's not typically my style.

It didn't take me long to choose a picture that I felt went well with the collection. I chose it specifically because of all the wonderful colors displayed in our handknit items we are wearing. The orange, green, blue and pink colors are all found in the papers.
Even though there is a lot going on in this spread, I feel you don't loose focus on the picture itself.

To achieve this, I specifically matted my picture in the same card stock (from my stash) as my page border and placed the picture on top of the gorgeous blue and white patterned paper. I then added a slight mint green border (from my stash) on either side to further breakup the picture from the dark floral background paper.
Even  though this picture was taken in the middle of a Fall October afternoon, I knew I wanted to fussy cut the floral from the "Wildflowers" patterned paper. I dread fussy cutting, simply because I think I'm not very good at it, but the end result always makes me happy I took the time to do it.
For my cluster to the right, I rummaged through my Project Life cards and found this 4x6 card in the "Vintage Travel" collection to be my base.

I knew I wanted to add a little something around the fussy cut flower at the top right of the photo and the Pink Paislee gold frame was perfect.

I included a couple of Martha Stewart floral stickers from my stash to add a different texture to the spread behind the floral die cut. Adding a little gold glitter washi tape, the "Life is an Adventure" flair badge and a few additional die cuts from the collection, helped bring everything together.

For the title, I used a combination of the block alpha letters from the Wildflower sticker sheet included in the kit and Amy Tangerine's foam thickers in Kal Barteski from my stash.

Overall, I am really pleased with how everything came together!

1 comment:

  1. That turned out great!

    (Nice to see you blogging again, too! Hooray!)

    ReplyDelete