Friday, January 2, 2015

Ringing in 2015

Happy New Year everyone! I truly hope that you all had a fun and wonderful time ringing in 2015.

My honey and I kept it low key with just the two of us. I had to work during the day, but had early dismissal which is always nice. When the whistle blew at 3:30pm, I made like Fred Flinstone and rushed my booty right out of the office.
Source
My goal was to get to the subway and home as quickly as possible. I have never had the desire to hang out in Times Square to see the ball drop, so I really didn't want to hang around the city any longer than I had too.

Last year, we started our own tradition for ringing in the new year and frankly it's really my favorite.
Pizza, wine and "It's A Wonderful Life" movie. Perfection!

Once we finished with movie #1, we moved on to movie #2, "A Christmas Story"! While most people watch all their holiday movies leading up to the big day, we tend to save a couple of ours for New Years Eve.

As the clock struck midnight, and the city was looking at this:
Source
I was looking at this:
Yup, that's right. I was looking at the inside of my eyelids. I couldn't stay awake. Serious party animals here folks. I am sure we were clubbing in my dreams.

I am truly looking forward to whatever 2015 has in store for me. I've made my goals, which I'll share in another post, and am ready to make some dreams come true!

Here's to a happy, healthy and crafty New Year!!!!

3 comments:

  1. It's a struggle for me to stay awake to midnight, too (though I did make it this year!). That's why we do our NYE toast at 7 p.m. EST—which is midnight GMT. :) We have a big NYE party each year (80 people this time), and the early toast time is child-friendly for the many families that join us and works well for people who head off to other gatherings after ours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the past we have spent NYE at Manny's brother's place and never really had a problem staying up. The past two years though, we've started our own tradition, which I love, and I am happy that at least we say Happy New Year to each other before sleeping. I can not believe you had 80 people in your house! Love you idea of child-friendly toast time!

      Delete
  2. Your NYE sounds very similar to mine. I worked as well (and actually later than I anticipated, ha!) and then had a simple dinner with the family and some wine and knitting. yeah, in bed way before anything called midnight, hehe. Totally okay with that, too :)

    ReplyDelete