Monday, June 17, 2013

Summer Shred 13 Week 2 Recap

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed celebrating Father's Day yesterday. My own daddy is states away so I didn't get to spend it with him, but I did send him my love via the phone, even if he wasn't home and I had to leave a message.

I have officially finished Week 2 of Summer Shred 13 and hit the halfway point! This past week was interesting in the fact that I was sidelined for two days while being sick.

While I could not workout for those two days, I did maintain my clean eating plan. Day One (Thursday) of being sick, I was just trying to eat stuff that would agree with my tummy and was still on my plan. Day Two (Friday) of being sick, was much easier to get the yummy calories in my body and I was starting to get more energy. By Saturday, I was back to my old self and started working out again.

Week 2 presented us with a whole new meal and workout plan. My meal plan for the week ended up incorporating meals from both weeks. I even ventured into making the "Not Really Fried Rice" from the new meals on Wednesday night, so I would have it for lunch on Thursday, but due to being sick I told my honey to eat it so it wouldn't go to waste. He told me it was delicious, therefore, I will have to make it again so I can try it this time.

Here is a sampling of what my meals (breakfasts, snacks, lunches and dinners) were for the week:
My favorites were the "Sunrise Oatmeal" and "Veggie Curry".

Out of the five Shred Workouts for the week, I managed to completed three of them.

Monday:
P.M. - Shred Workout #1 (Warm-up and cool-down was on my bike trainer)
Tuesday:
A.M. - 3 mile run at Astoria Park
P.M. - Major subway issues coming home from work. Had to walk 40 minutes home from the subway in the heat and humidity carrying what felt like a 50 pound backpack because I went to Whole Foods during lunch. So needless to say when I walked through the door I was pooped and already had a workout. No Shred workout tonight!

Wednesday:
A.M. - 3.5 mile run at Astoria Park
P.M. - Shred Workout #2
Thursday and Friday - No workouts. Nada. Zilch. Nothing. Was sick, sick sick.

Saturday:
A.M. - Shred Workout #3 (Warm-up and cool-down was again on my bike trainer)
Sunday:
A.M. - 6 miles run on the trails at Rockefeller State Park Preserve
I love my Sunday runs on the trails! It's the one day of the weekend where my honey and I get some nice quality time together.

This week I ran a total of 12.5 miles. Add that to last week's total and I have run 307.34 miles for the year.

Now that we have hit the halfway point with the Shred, I decided to take my measurements in addition to my weekly weigh-in's. So far, I have lost 5.5 pounds and a total of 4 inches off my body. As you can see by this picture that I posted on Instagram on Saturday, momma needs some new pants. Proof is in the pudding!
My honey and I have discussed at length why I think this is all working for me. I have Hypothyroidism and have struggled with losing weight, and keeping it, in the past, so once this is all over, I will do a post discussing my thoughts.

In the meantime, Bobbi over at Nhershoes is going to be doing one final Summer Shred in July!
I can personally say that yes the workout's will push you like you probably haven't pushed in awhile, leave you cursing like a sailor (I think I did a few times) and have you wiping up your major sweat puddles when all is said and done, it is all totally worth it!

So click here and go on over to sign yourself up if you want to give it a shot. You have until June 26. As for me, I've already signed up for her July Extreme Summer Shred that she's offering to her June Shredders. Call me crazy, but I want more!

No comments:

Post a Comment