Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Workout Roundup (01/14/13 - 01/20/13)

Another week of working out and another week of it not happening exactly as I had planned. I started the week pretty strong with my running, but by the end of the week, I was not working out at all due to not feeling well.

So let's just get to the nitty gritty of what did happen this past week (01/14/13 - 01/20/13):

Monday, January 14, 2013:
Gym - Treadmill Run - 3 miles (35:01 @ 2:32pm)
This was a nice recovery run. I made sure I kept it at a slow pace. I averaged 11:46 min/miles. While it was torture running this slow, I know the importance of running slow the day after a long run. I generally don't run with music, but today I was glad I had the earphones plugged in to help with the run.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013:
Run - Astoria Park Track - 4.10 miles (Sprints - 100s) (48:07 @ 6:27am)
This run consisted of a 1 mile warmup at 12:01 min/mile pace. Then 2 miles of 100m sprints. This is usually sprint for 100m and then slow jog for rest of quarter mile and repeat for a total of 8 times. I finished the run with a 1 mile recovery run at 12:01 min/mile pace. My legs felt like lead for that last mile, but I somehow found the fortitude to push through it.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013:
Gym - Treadmill Run - 3.25 miles (34:01 @ 2:42pm)
This should of been an easy/slow run for recovery from the previous days speed workout, but for some reason when I stepped on the treadmill I couldn't help myself and ending up averaging a10:32 min/mile pace. My body seemed able to handle it, but the whole time I was telling myself I should be running slower.

Thursday, January 17, 2013:
Planned Rest Day

Friday, January 18, 2013:
Unplanned Rest Day
By the time I came home from work on Thursday I was not feeling well at all. I spent the whole day feeling sick and felt resting was the best thing for my body.

Saturday, January 19, 2013:
Planned Rest Day
Saturday is generally a planned rest day since I run long on Sunday. While I was feeling a bit better than the days before, I still chose to keep it as a rest day.

Sunday, January 20, 2013:
Unplanned Rest Day
My honey was officially sick and I still wasn't 100%, but I was much better than him. We bagged our planned long run and continued to rest.

2013 Goal Check-In

Week 1: 8.12 miles
Week 2: 16.59 miles
Week 3: 10.35 miles
Total: 35.06 miles

My lackluster week of running hasn't helped too much in reaching my goal of running 1,000 miles this year. However, I know it's only the beginning of the year and there are many more days left to run.

Now if mother nature could just do something about the frigid temperatures we are having this week!

How did ya'll spend the holiday weekend?
Besides resting, I managed to:
Read - Finished 1 book and halfway through another
Knit - Started last ball of #3 Christmas present
Movie Watched - Kings Speech (loved), Pitch Perfect (funny) and a documentary called First Position (interesting)
Cooked - Made another batch of my Vegetarian Wheat Berry Salad for the week. I will share the recipe as it seems to be a big hit.

1 comment:

  1. Let's see...I finished sewing my PJ lounge pant, read a book, worked on a new bible study, went to church, hauled my youngest around to play air soft with friends, and watched the Falcon's tank the chance at the Superbowl. Did not exercise at all.

    ReplyDelete