Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Rhinebeck Sweater #2

Now that I have officially finished this sweater, I feel it's safe to officially talk about it. I had big ambitions of starting and finishing this in time to wear at Rhinebeck this weekend.

I wasn't sure if I was gonna make it, so I didn't want to talk about it being my second Rhinebeck sweater. Of course, I know some of you are saying "What is she talking about? Of course Miss Flying Needles could get it done in time!". I guess in my mind if I talked about it, it wouldn't get done in time. But, since it did, here's all the details...

Pattern: Heather Hoodie Vest (KnitScene Fall 09)
Yarn: Berroco Cuzco (7 skeins) (Came from stash - bought last New Years in SC on sale)
Needles: Knit Picks Options Circs Size 10.5
Started: September 28, 2009
Finished: Octover 13, 2009
Mods: The original hoodie is oversized. I thought I might run out of yarn and also wanted a more fitted hoodie. I followed the increases on hoodie as per pattern. I only knitted to 10" in st st instead of 12" and then completed the decreases as per pattern.
Buttons: Gear buttons purchased from Buttondrawer.com.

Aren't they adorable?

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE those buttons! I'm guessing that you'll be wearing something with long sleeves under that? I'll keep my eye out for you. I think I'll be wearing my blue Twist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely buttons! I look forward to seeing pictures of you strutting your stuff in your new knits at Rhinebeck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoodie vest is so so cute and the buttons are awesome. I was button shopping at Joanne's last night and it ain't pretty but I got something that will do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that hoodie vest! Can't wait to see it on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a fabulous vest and looked very nice on you. All warm and cuddly. Good color choice for a top layer item with no sleeves. Eye catching but not overly so.

    ReplyDelete