Monday, October 5, 2009

Homecooking Saturday and Then Some

On Saturday's dinner menu was Vegetable Gratin-Souffle. It called for three cups of veggies so I chose Cauliflower, Broccoli and Butternut Squash. After DB and I took our first bite we both said, "MmmmmMmmMmm." Will definitely make again.

No leftovers.

On the knitting front, Ursa is complete!!!! My intentions were to finish the remaining seaming between today and tomorrow. However, I got on a roll and finished the whole she-bang, buttons included.

I purchased the the Swirling Leaf buttons from Buttondrawer.com. I thought they were perfect for the fall sweater.

For those of you who will be looking for me at Rhinebeck on Saturday, this is what to look for...

Springtime Bandit will be wrapped nicely around my neck, peeking out from the top of Ursa.

Pattern: Ursa by Berroco
Yarn: Berroco Ultra Alpaca (Colorway: Oceanic Blue) 6.5 skeins
Needles: Knit Picks Options size 6 and 7
Started: August 15, 2009
Finished: Octover 5, 2009
Mods: Absolutely none

My Thoughts On Sweater: Ya'll remember this yarn when it was knitted up into the Gathered Pullover. Ya'll also remember how I wasn't overly thrilled with how big the sweater turned out to be. It was even dubbed as the *Flashdance* sweater. I can honestly say that I am in love with this yarn as Ursa. I am so very excited to wear it and show it off. This sweater really tried me in the finishing/seaming department. It showed me that I have grown in this area of knitting. I am so proud of how it turned out and can't wait to wear it in one week and five days!

Finally, here is an update of *what may be on my needles* now...

5 comments:

  1. Well. Isn't that just all kinds of yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You finished Ursa and you've got two weeks to go! You need a prize. It's going to look fabulous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Is that from Madison's cookbook? I will have to try that recipe myself!

    Ursa looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Ursa looks great. I remember seeing it in parts, and now it's all together. Isn't that amazing when that happens? I can't wait to see it on you. Your cabled hoodie... my goodness you got a lot done. Wow!

    (The comment I deleted was because I misspelled a word..oops)

    ReplyDelete