Friday, August 21, 2009

VIR Raceway

Our regularly scheduled programming of knitting has been interrupted to bring a long overdue recap of mine and DB's trip to VIR Raceway from July 31st - August 4th. This is a picture heavy post and I tried to narrow them down to some of my favorites. We had an awesome time and I love going and supporting DB in his hobby!

This sign greets you when you enter the South Course track.

DB spent 2 days riding on the South Course and 1 day on the North Course.

A huge achievement in track riding is getting your knee down in a curve to where it skims the pavement! It takes some riders a long time to do this. Your body positioning has to be perfect for it to happen and not crash off the course. I was so proud of DB when he experienced it for the very first time after only track riding for just over a month.

His face says it all!!!

Close to the end of Day 2 DB decided to change the brakes to racing ones. I even got my hands dirty helping him!

DB getting some pointers from one of the coaches.

Day 3 was extremely hot! We both were exhausted. DB took advantage of some down time to catch a few Zzzz's.

It wouldn't be me if I didn't snap a picture of the two of us!

Throughout the 3 days I tried to capture some shots of things that caught my attention.

This little guy belonged to one of the coaches. He is treated very well as you can see.

While waiting for DB's group to take off on the track, I noticed this on the back of one of the coaches bike.

Very nice trailer. I loved what it said. A sport for all ages.

Lots of people bring their canopy's way down to block the sun. These guys even had recliner camping chairs with footrests.

Tire barricades.

It was quite funny to see this on the back of one riders bike.

Our faithful transportation.

I was obsessed with getting shots of the clear blue sky. This is just one of many!

I couldn't resist taking a picture of my dinner plate after the first day of riding. A perfect heart!

DB and I are heading back down to West Virginia next weekend for 2 days of riding at Shenandoah again. Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. You made it look like a ton of fun. I especially love all the shots of things that caught your interest. These are the items on a scrap page that you love to see & read about over & over. Makes me rethink my own approach to photographing an event in the future.

    ReplyDelete