Monday, January 26, 2009

Before February Comes

I want to thank you all for your well wishes. I am soooo feeling better. I even started back to my running this past weekend!

I can't believe February is right around the corner. Can anyone tell me where on earth January went? I thought it would be good if I shared my first FO of 2009 before a new month rolled around next Sunday. So, in it's unblocked state, here is what I call Berries and Caramel Shawl.

Pattern: Something Mary Beth created, but Iadded a different edging from her Beauty & The Bead Shawl. The edging came from Nicky Epstein's "Knitting On The Edge". For the life of me, I can't remember the name of the pattern I selected.
Yarn: Lumpy Bumpy Yarn (Colorway-Berries & Caramel); Shepherd's Shades (Colorway-Chestnut) (1 skein each)
Needles: Bamboo Circs Size 15
Started: December 31, 2008
Finished: January 3, 2009


My goal this coming weekend is to get it nice and blocked out so I can't started wrapping myself up in it! I know with the blocking, the main part of the shawl will spread out nicely and be in a good proportion to the edging.

I thoroughly enjoyed knitting with the Lumpy Bumpy. I purchased the yarn during mine and MB's outing to the knitting shop in Georgetown, SC. Every yarn in the store was 20% off that day. I couldn't stop myself from going back to the Berries and Caramel colorway. It was calling out to me and it couldn't resist from hopping into my basket.

9 comments:

  1. It's a good thing you can't remember January, the weather has been horrible.

    Your shawl is looking very cool. Is the top edge done? I love the brown edging. I can see that a little concussion has not slowed you down at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS shawl!! Cannot wait to see it blocked!! I need to get cracking on my Norwegian Woods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!!! It's the perfect FO for the end of January. The colors are very valentine candy. Yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heart that shawl. It will be your go to piece. I bought the matching sock yarn. Course it looks like the meat maxi in it's balled up state. Not saturated in enough color...too much cream.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's probably best to block January from your memory. Too cold.

    The edging pattern is very pretty. It'll be nice to wrap up with it once it's blocked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a beautiful shawl.

    My scarf came today- it is gorgeous!

    Thank you so much for the adorable sheepie bag.

    I'll post when we get sun.... it we ever get sun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That lovely shawl is destined to bring you much enjoyment and comfort!

    Drat, I have not been to Georgetown in forever. I seem to miss all the sales:)

    Seriously, it takes a long time for your brain to quit bouncing back and forth after a concussion. Make sure your running isn't making it wobble more! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a beautiful shawl and I love that edging!
    Glad to hear you are doing better and back to your normal routine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I'm glad you were able to make it out the other side of January. The shawl is lovely, and it looks like just the thing to get through February :)

    ReplyDelete