Manny and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary the other week and when it came to giving him a gift, I wanted it to be something from the heart and treasured.
The traditional gift on your first wedding anniversary is paper, so I thought I would put together a quick little album celebrating the first seven years of our lives together. The idea came to me just a couple of days before our anniversary, so I wasn't sure if I would be able to pull it off. Amazingly, I did!
So I took this from my stash (which has been in there for forever):
- Two 6x6 paper pads that would coordinate well together color wise (Basic Grey "J'Adore" and Shimelle's from her first collection)
- A few sets of alpha stickers (October Afternoon, Elle's Studio, Ali Edwards, Kelly Purkey, Tim Holtz)
- Coordinating sticker sheets and chipboard embellishments from Basic Grey "J'Adore" collection
- Martha Stewart mini doilies, washi tape (black with white dots), enamel dots from Doodlebug, Shimelle's Roller Date Stamp
- Phrase roller stamps from October Afternoon and Amy Tangerine
- Dies from Spellbinders, Die-namics and Momenta
When I sat down to put the album together, I was quite nervous. I wasn't sure if I could finish, wasn't sure if it would look nice, wasn't sure of the size, just wasn't sure about a lot of things.
However, when all was said and done, I was in love with it. I couldn't stop flipping through the pages and just being amazed I did it!
Here is what it looked like:
The best tip I have about making a mini album is this...Keep It Simple!
By minimizing my supplies, printing all my photos in black and white and repeating one or two elements across each page, really helped in putting this album together quickly!