Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Positivity

Happy Tuesday! I hope that every single one of you kicked off this brand new week yesterday in a positive way! Whether it was with an early morning workout or just with a positive attitude, it doesn't really matter. What's important is that you were, are, positive.

I woke up yesterday morning feeling completely rested and overall just feeling happy. That doesn't normally happen for me on a Monday, but it definitely set the tone for the start of my week and how I was going to approach this new week.

Positivity is my mantra! In my opinion, a positive mindset and attitude just makes everything better.

As you see here, this picture from my commute into the office yesterday morning, truly shows just how happy I was...

For the past few weeks, months, I have tended to put every single little thing about myself under a microscope. It's been all about the "Why's?" of my life.

"Why are my wrinkles so prominent?" (Um, you are almost 43 years old and the above photo does demonstrate why there are wrinkles on your forehead!)

"Why are my eyebrows suddenly patchy in spots?"

"Why is it that as soon as I think my skin is FINALLY looking great, the next day it breaks out?"

"Why am I struggling getting my workouts done and keeping my eating on point?"

"Why are my pants ill fitting?" (Previous "why" may explain this one, duh!)

Why? Why? Why?

We all have done this. It's nothing new. However, all this negativity and questioning doesn't help anything.

I'm not 100% sure why I have been doing this. It may have been a result of the incredibly long, cold winter we had. Or that I spent less and less time running (which clears my head and makes me feel good) through this past winter and more time feeling down (especially about not running).

I am here to tell you today, that all that negativity is getting booted to the curb! It's not helping me in any shape or form. I am really going to try and focus on all the positive that I have in my life.

A new month is right around the corner and it's time to make some positive changes. So who's with me? What are you going to start doing that will add some positivity (or even more positivity) into your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment