Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Handstamped with Love - bama + ry

I am all about the handmade items. I am an avid sewer, scrapbooker and knitter. So back in August I was stalking reading one of my newly found favorite blogs, Healthy Tipping Point, and was blown away by some very pretty copper handstamped jewelry that a friend of hers makes and sells on Etsy.

After reading Jasmine's story in that post about how her jewelry business came to fruition, I was completely filled with heartache for someone I have never met.  I was moved by how she used her grief of losing her twin babies earlier this year and turned it into something so beautiful that would be sure to put smiles on the faces of so many people. 

After perusing bama + ry on Etsy, I knew that I had to have one of her pieces. The tough decision was on deciding exactly what I wanted. There was so much I liked, especially in the running theme. After much debating, I finally narrowed down what I wanted and placed my order.

I arrived to work one day last week and was surprised to see a package waiting for me on my desk. At first I didn't know what it could be. My mind was racing to remember if I had placed an Amazon order recently ('cause you know I am a sucker for Prime Shipping). I came up blank so I tore into the package and a huge smile crossed my face when I realized it was my necklace. I hadn't even opened the box yet and I was smiling like a silly schoolgirl.

After I read the handwritten note that was included, tears filled my eyes. This little note from a complete stranger meant so much to me because I knew that the necklace was indeed made with love!

So do you think these charms are me?


Running IS my superpower! It came with the 26.2 charm and I added the 13.1 charm since I have raced both distances.

It sits so nicely on my chest and close to my heart...

...and throughout the day I love hearing the little tinkling sound the charms make when I make the slightest movement. I told my co-worker the other day that I felt like a little kitty cat. We both had a chuckle over that one.

I hope you all will go over and check out bama +ry! She offers items from inspirational, mommy/family, running/fitness to custom made items. These would make wonderful gifts to yourself or someone special in your life!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! It reminds me of my handcrafted pewter birds necklace my hubby gave me for Christmas, the mommy bird and her four babies. Will have to check this site out for myself.

    ReplyDelete