Saturday, August 21, 2010

Rebel Birthday

Another birthday has come and gone (Tuesday the 17th). One last year in my thirties. I know some people can't wait for me to join the 40 club, but I am going to not rush it and enjoy whatever is in store for me during this year.

Since I had to work on my birthday (didn't make any sense to take it off since it fell in the middle of my work week), Manny and I went back to one of our favorite places last Sunday. We headed back out to Greenport, LI for the afternoon. The day was cloudy but it gave us some relief in the heat department which was really nice. We enjoyed a nice lunch at Claudio's again and even indulged in an ice cream desert prior to lunch since we had to wait 20 minutes for a table at the restaurant.

On our drive back home we took a bit of a scenic route. We pulled over at one of the small town beaches to enjoy the ocean for a few minutes. Manny and I were trying to decide if the water was warm or cold. He voted for cold and I voted for warm. I couldn't resist it and had to find out...

Manny snapped this photo of me and titled it "Rebel". You can see in the photo there is a designated swimming area and I am outside the zone. What can I say? I was living on the edge that day. LOL BTW, I was right. The water was warm and I wished I could have taken a dip.

I have been knitting and have made great progress. I restarted my knee high socks and it took me 2 days to get back to where I was before frogging. Now today I have an almost completed sock.

This is what it looks like on me...


...and this is what it looks like off...

It's unbelievably long. As I'm knitting I can't help but think this looks like a long sock for a snake. It's amazing how something so off looking fits just right. Anyhoo, as of this writing I have completed the cuff and just need to do the sew bind-off. Hmmm, I wonder where my sis stands with hers? ;-)
Oh, and I may have picked out another stashed sock yarn and matched it to a pattern already.

6 comments:

  1. Inquiring minds can be satisfied to know I am ready to do the cuff on my first sock. Will finish it on Monday. Yours looks so fall-ish. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to you!

    Are you coming back to Philly this fall?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday! Love the socks. I have made two pairs of knee highs so far,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday!!! I cannot get over how many socks you are churning out, and knee high at that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! It looks like you had a lot of fun and the water looks so nice. You definitely are a rebel. :-) So are these the socks you'll wear to Rhinebeck?

    ReplyDelete