As I mentioned briefly in my "Week In Review" post, I decided to participate in Ravelympics this year. Not sure if I was excited from fiber fumes, or just crazy, but I entered myself in three events. I figured at the time I could whip out a hat, pair of socks and mittens.
During the opening ceremonies I casted on for the Jenny Cloche hat. Didn't get but maybe five rows competed that night as to the fact that I had a killer headache. Right now I am around 17" on the required 21.5" length for the hat band. After that you three needle bind-off the ends together and pick up stitches to work the skull part. I haven't worked on it for about a week and the picture below shows where I stand with it.
On the first full day of Olympic events, I casted on for my Kai-Mei socks. I figured I would get this started and work on them as I knitted the others. However, once I got started I didn't want to put them down. So here is my first completed Olympic knitted item...
Pattern: Kai-Mei (Cookie A.)
Yarn: Sundara Sock Yarn (Colorway: Crimson)
Needle: Knit Picks Fixed Circ, Size 1.5
Started: February 13, 2010
Finished: February 23, 2010
I'm in love with these socks. Come to think of it, I pretty much love all the socks I knit. There is a Left and Right for this pattern. I did not make the same mistake as I did with the Rick socks and knit 2 Right's. No frogging done on these babies. I learned my lesson and paid attention.
So now I will be picking the hat back up and hopefully I can finish it in time. I am going to wind the yarn today for my Bella Mittens and cast on for them, but not sure if they will be completed by the closing ceremonies.