Thursday, February 25, 2010

Life Update

No knitting to talk about. No cooking done to wet your appetite. Just wanted to let everyone know that I GOT A JOB today!!!!

It's a temp to hopefully permanent position. I'll be working for a law firm within their Word Processing Center (exactly what I've been doing with my life for the past 10 years but in a financial setting).

The only downside is that it's working the night shift (seems to be the only real work available right now), BUT only for three nights (Mon, Tues & Wed). I've worked nights before, but over five days. I like the fact this is compacted into three and I have four days off that encompass the weekend. Plus the pay is really good. Also this schedule will also allow me to go back to school for my Masters in Education to become a Kindergarten Teacher if I so choose.

I'm just really so happy to have a job. One year ago today I got the phone call telling me I lost my job and now today I get a call telling me I have a job. I start my training on March 8th! Woo Hoo!!!

8 comments:

  1. HOORAY! That is such wonderful news! (And what a coincidence for it to arrive on the one-year anniversary of the Very Bad News.) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray and Congratulations!!! Thank you for sharing such excellent fantastic news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee!!!!! And even better that you can keep going to school for something else if you'd like. Kindergarten teacher would be fun to do, though exhausting I'm sure. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woooo Woooo that is so wonderful! Yay! I am thrilled for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woot, woot, woot!! You were very seriously overdue for a break. Good going, Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I told you this already... Congratulations. I am so happy for you. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! That's great news!

    ReplyDelete