Even though I started the Gathered Pullover on April 1st, I didn't give up on my Duster. This past Saturday I stripped the sheets off my bed and blocked all the pieces. It was late in the day when I did this, so I put off the seaming until Sunday.
On Sunday I gathered my wits and set myself to the seaming (no chocolate involved). I was so engrossed in this, that when my sister called me I told her I had to call her back. I was on a roll and didn't want to stop. Who knows when I would have gotten back to it?!?!?! Ok, yes I know I would have immediately picked it back up, but ya know, I gotta be a little dramatic.
I found picking up the skirt stitches a little more difficult that I thought it would be. I read the directions several times before commencing so I knew the amount I was to have. I believe I pulled out and picked back up all stitches at least five times. I was sooooo proud of myself when I finally had the correct amount.
Of course though, I had a teensy eensey problem. I picked up the wrong amount of stitches. Arrrggghh. After struggling and perservering with picking these stitches up the first time, I had to rip out and start all over. I picked up the amount of stitches for the collar not the skirt. Big difference between 130 stitches (collar) and 182 stitches (skirt). Good news is that it only took me two tries this time.
Here is my Tilted Duster in all it's glory! I have been dutifully working on it since Sunday afternoon. I had made some amazing progress on my Gathered Pullover by then, that I didn't mind putting it to the side to work on this. As of last night I have about five inches completed on the skirt.
My goal is to complete this sweater and my pullover in the next couple of weeks. Believe it or not, I really don't have much left to do on them so hopefully it won't be a problem.