Before I show any of new my projects, I thought it was appropriate to address some of the old ones!
The fronts and back of my Gathered Pullover has been complete for 2 weeks. Today I decided to finish off the the back shoulders and attach them to the front. The pattern originally has you bindoff/seam the shoulders, but I really didn't want anything to do with that. After reading what people had done on Ravelry with this pattern, I decided to attempt short-row shaping for doing a 3-needle bindoff at the shoulders. This was the first time I've really deviated from a pattern as written and I was a wee bit nervous. However, once I got past the first front shaping it was a piece of cake. So the body is complete, with the exception of weaving in the ends.
I went ahead and plowed into starting the sleeves. For some reason I thought they were knitted flat and then seamed, but after reading closely, I realized these babies are done in the round. Woo Hoo! Less seaming in this project. I refused to knit the sleeves on dpn's and I didn't have a size 8 needle circ with a short enough cable. So what did I do? Look out now. I decided to Magic Loop them. A new technique here. It really is easier than it looks, but since this was my first time doing it, I am knitting 1 sleeve at a time. I'm taking it slow. After an afternoon of knitting, I have completed half of the first sleeve. I just started the increases.
The only modification I made here to the pattern is I knitted 1.5" longer than the pattern stated before starting the increases. The sleeves on the model in the picture look on the short side. I prefer a bit longer sleeve that comes down over my hand, instead of just starting at the wrist. I don't know how many times I'll be able to wear this sweater before it gets too hot, but with the temperatures dropping back down today made me want to get it done!