Monday, December 3, 2007

Yarn Enstashancements!

Look what showed up in the mail for me over the weekend! I really don't know who or where this came from, but I'll take it (smiling with an innocent look on my face). Ya'll will notice that I got this green thing going on right now. I think it has to do with someone's sock yarn that has mesmerized me. I am not known to be a *green* kinda girl, but I am finding myself being drawn to the dark green lately.

I am really into knitting cardigans for myself right now and while I was perusing some old magazines looking for a particular pattern, I came across this sweater. This Zippered Jacket is from Vogue Knitting, Winter 2004/05. I am going to knit it with Knit Picks Merino Style yarn in Pine.


This yarn here was actually the real reason why I was shopping at Knit Picks again. I wanted to get ShineSport yarn in River to make the Peapod Baby Set. My girlfriend had her first baby in August and I wanted to knit something up for her son for Christmas. This blue is really as vibrant as it appears in the photo.

Then I was perusing the *Clearance* yarn and came across these beauties. Yes it is actually shades of green! What makes this yarn for me is the deep green. This is Knit Picks Gossamer yarn in Leprechaun. I have a total of 1,320 yards and I am looking to make my first shawl with it. I have no idea what pattern right now, but I'm sure in time it will come to me.


So yes, I kinda had a falling down at Knit Picks last week, but I absolutely refuse to place an order unless I can get free shipping. The ShineSport yarn didn't cut the mustard when it came to meeting the $45 requirement, sooooooooooooo can you blame me for tossing the other yummies in?

4 comments:

  1. You need to march right out to a Yarn Stashers Anonymous meeting!
    1st of all that cardigan in Vogue has had a sticky note stuck to it in my magazine for forever. 2nd green is my thing, so just fork over the leprechaun yarn & no one gets hurt. My oh my. You are in sorry shape my dear, but I'll give you this one fall of the wagon since you have soooo many FO's on your blog of late. (PS. No Sheep For You has a pretty shawl, Tuscany, in it I am admiring.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about all those Christmas FO's too? I'm a busy bee. I requested the "No Sheep For You" book from the library to check it out. Isn't the Leprechaun pretty? I figured it would look nice as a shawl paired with jeans. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Green huh? Nope you are not usually a green girl. You are more of a pinkyredbluepurple,kinda girl. Green is very new and different for you but I think you would look good in that dark green. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for green! Love all the new yarn you ordered. That is a great cardi. It will be so warm and cozy in Pine green.

    ReplyDelete