Thursday, July 21, 2016

Life Update - July Edition

Life Update bullet style!

Shana: 
  • The night of July 12th, little one decided she was either extremely bored or extremely hungry because she ate a shoelace in the middle of the night. How do we know? She decided she must of been full after devouring 35" because we found 6" nicely chomped off by her bed and the rest was no where to be found. The other tell tell sign of her eating it was when she vomited 8" early Friday morning. To this day remaining 27" is still inside of her.
  • If remaining shoelace doesn't appear by Friday, we have to schedule a sonogram with the vet as she may have a partial blockage. She will be given an additional 4 days to produce said shoelace or else she gets a belly shaving. I keep reminding her that!
  • Last night, she played like she did before she ingested the shoelace. We are taking this as a positive sign that maybe said shoelace has vacated her small intestine and has now taken up residence in her large intestine just waiting for eviction.
Travel:
  • I decided to take a little vacay to visit my family in Georgia this weekend. I will be doing laundry and packing like a madwoman tonight as I fly out tomorrow afternoon.
  • Leaving hubby behind to look after our little one and assist with removal of shoelace if needed.
  • I am hoping little one won't miss me too much or be mad at me when I return a week later. We shall see.
  • Also looking forward to heading to Acadia National Park in Maine for a week in August.
Knitting:
  • Still knitting away on those little socks I talked about a few weeks ago, here.
  • Need to bind off the toe on Sock #1 so I can use the needles to finish Sock #2.
  • Mission tonight before going to bed is finishing off Sock #1.
  • Need to finish this pair before I leave Georgia next week as the recipient lives there and I can save the postage from having to mail them.
  • Already have my next sock yarn balled up and ready to go.
Scrapbooking:
  • I've completed a few more pages since my last layout update, here, which is one of four parts. I've done three more for my backpack album and one from adopting our little fur ball.
  • I haven't completed any pages for the past week and a half as my thoughts and time have been consumed with little one and the shoelace ingestion.
  • Looking forward to going to an actual scrapbooking store with my sister during my visit in GA. The price she has to pay by me assisting her with her craft room purging/organization. Of course I didn't have to twist her arm and after seeing pictures of the room situation, I think my price will have to go up.
Reading:
  • Still plugging away on my reading goals for the year and have now finished 21 books of 40.
  • I shared all the books I've read so far this year here.
  • Loving that Goodreads is emailing me "Goodreads Deals" for purchasing books in genres I elected to receive deals for and so far have purchased several through these emails at $2.99, $1.99, $0.99 or free.
  • For some reason the first five or six books I purchased, I got for free. Amazon must of been having a promotion that day. 
Exercise:
  • Started running more consistently lately. Gotten myself up to running 2.5 miles without stopping. Starting over sucks.
  • Need to start incorporating weight workouts again and even HIIT workouts.
  • Started a Midori Notebook to keep track of all this. My thinking is that by finding a crafty way to record all of this will keep me motivated as I am physically writing all of my accomplishments down in this notebook.
  • I've been hitting at least 10,000 steps a day almost every day this month.
Nutrition:
That's it! Now tell me what you've been up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment