Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Kinda Over It and an FO

Guess what folks? It snowed here again on Sunday night into Monday and the icing on the cupcake was freezing rain! Don't be jealous now.
Yeah I am kind of over all this white frozen stuff and am so ready for spring. How dare that Groundhog see his shadow on Monday too! Six more weeks of winter?!?!? Ahhhhh.

Okay, okay, okay let me get a grip here. Spring will be here before we know it. Right?

Now onwards to my finished object. I mentioned in my last post that while I was away in Georgia, I finished a pair of socks. Yay for finished socks! However, they weren't for me.

I took the yarn that was left in my honey's Christmas stocking and knitted him a basic pair of socks. Before I left for my trip, one had already been completed and the second one was just started. By day six of my trip, they were complete!
Pattern: Vanilla Cuff Down (My Own)
Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll Fingering in Fedora (2 skeins)
Needles: Knit Picks Circs Size 1.5
Started: January 5, 2015
Finished: January 22, 2015

My honey likes to wear socks to bed and a few years ago I had knitted him a pair out of some stash sport weight yarn that I had. He loved them, but couldn't sleep in them as they were too hot for his already warm body temperature.

This time around, I used a fingering weight yarn and now that we are no longer living in the freezing cold basement of our house, he deems them too warm to wear to bed. I am okay with that as he does love the socks and will wear them as house socks.

I knitted the socks using my basic vanilla cuff down pattern. I casted on 68 stitches on size 1.5 needles. Knitted the K1, P1 cuff for 2 inches.
I completed a very basic heel flap after knitting the leg for a total of 7 inches.
The next time I knit these, I will modify the toe decreases. I ended up alternating the decrease row with a knit row all the way down to the end. This makes for a rather strange looking toe when the sock isn't being worn.
However, all that really matters in the end, is that they fit and are well appreciated!

I do have another FO to share with you soon. Let me just tell you that my knitting goal of completing one pair of socks a month is going really well. I finished my Inlay socks this past Sunday and have already started my third pair for the year.

So tell me, how are things going in your knitting world? Finished any projects for 2015 yet?

1 comment:

  1. I love a pair of socks Deborah, and it sounds like this pair has found the proper owner to love these as well. :) Thanks for putting up your basic recipe, it helps the kids like me still working on "the right way" to make a basic sock!

    ReplyDelete