Monday, March 4, 2013

Workout Roundup (02/25/13 - 03/03/13)

Happy Monday! I hope we all had a fabulous weekend! I surely did, but like always it goes by way too fast.

I wanted to start the week off by giving a little roundup of my workouts last week. I promise that it will be brief. I did not have any spectacular Cross Training or Strength Training workouts last week. Nor did I have any major DVD workout sessions happening in my house. 

I just simply ran. 

Monday, February 25, 2013 
Run - Treadmill - 3.0 miles (00:32:36)
I couldn't get my behind out of bed at the crack of dawn so I hit up the gym treadmill at lunch for an easy 3 mile recovery run.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Run - Astoria Park Track - 5.07 miles (00:58:10)
As you can see in the picture, I did manage to pull my sleepy self out of bed and hit the track for a pre-work run. I originally set out to just do 3 or 4 miles and somehow pulled out a 5 miler. It's been awhile since I've done that in an early morning workout. Was quite pleased.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Rest

Thursday, February 28, 2013
Rest

Friday, March 1, 2013
Run - Astoria Park Track - 3:01 miles (00:34:08)
After two days of being lazy, depressed or just not motivated, I joined Mr. B at the track before work and completed a 3 mile run. It wasn't a glorious run. It's kinda was painful (need new shoes). But it was 3 miles more than I completed the previous two days.

Saturday, March 2, 2013
NYC Ballet DVD - Turned on for about 2 minutes and then...
Jillian Michaels Kickboxing DVD - Completed about 7 minutes and then turned off and then...
I cleaned my house and prepared my grocery shopping/meal plan list.

I just wasn't feeling any of those workouts. The end.

Sunday, March 3, 2013
Run - Rockefeller State Park Preserve - 11.0 miles (02:16:20)
Oh how I needed this long run! My plan was for a 10 miler but pushed through to the 11. I have my first half marathon of the year in two weeks and this run gave me the confidence I needed!

In summary, I ran a total of 22.09 miles for the week and so far this year I have run 103.28 miles.

This past week was a bit of a mood bust for me and it showed in my workouts during the work week. The excitement I felt the week before was removed from my soul on Monday when I got on the scale. After all of my hard work and healthy eating I had gained 2 pounds. Not a great way to start off a week mentally and I just let it get me down. 

Sunday's run was exactly what I needed to recharge myself and get my head back in the game. Even though the trail runs are my hardest runs of the week, I get so much more out of them. I feel like I conquered something and it makes me feel wonderful. If I could trail run every day I would.

So talk to me, when you have a bad week mentally what do you do to snap out of it?

I am proud of myself for not giving up on my running last week. In the past when I have gained weight, I usually get in a complete funk and stop working out all together and become a couch potato until I can't stand my lazy self anymore and get back at it.

On a sidenote: This morning when I weighed myself, I lost 2.5 pounds. Mr. B. had to remind me this morning that the weight gain last week probably wasn't fat. It could have been water weight or even the fact that maybe I didn't go to the bathroom as much last week. I have to remind myself of these little things and stay positive. So this week, I am going to see if I can get that motivation going full throttle again.

No comments:

Post a Comment