Sunday, March 4, 2012

March Stash Update

Another month gone, another stashdown update! Of course there isn't anything really impressive to share, except that I did not add to the stash. I came close after seeing a recent project finished by Yarnyold Kim, but I ended up resisting the impulse. We'll see how things go down the road when I make a bigger dent in the stash bins.

Month Yards of Yarn In Stash Monthly Δ Yards Monthly Δ % Total Δ Yards Total Δ %
1-Jan-12 33,611 0 0.0% 0 0.0%
1-Feb-12 32,771 (840) -2.6% (840) -2.6%
1-Mar-12 32,771 0 0.0% 0 0.0%

The total yards in my stash remained the same from February. However, this doesn't mean the stash isn't being worked. I currently have 3 projects going from stash. The first one I shared last month, The Endless Cardigan. It hasn't progressed much from the last photo. The only difference is that I picked up for the first band. Once the bands and collar are done I will work on the sleeves. Maybe next month there will be an FO picture.

So this month I will share my progress on Stashdown Project #2. I am working on Through The Loops Mystery Sock from January. While I am sure everyone who participated has completed their socks, I am still working on Sock #1. I have managed to get down to the heel flap. I think what is taking me so long with these is that there are a ton of "Knit Through The Back's" and also I wasn't sure how I felt about bobbles on my socks. Those of you who know me know that I am not a SheBobble kind of gal. I hesitated to work too far on the sock until I saw some progress pictures showing exactly what the bobbles were. I know, kind of gave up the purpose of a mystery sock, but I didn't want to devote/invest too much time in a project if I knew I wasn't going to like them for myself. After seeing some pictures, I thought the pattern was really beautiful and understood what the bobbles were suppose to be. So I decided to forge ahead.

This picture shows the detail of the sock:



This picture shows the real color of the yarn:

I am using some Socks That Rock Mill End yarn I bought at Rhinebeck 2010. It really is the perfect match for this pattern. If it was a busy yarn, I don't think you'd be able to see the detail of the flowers/leaves. I am hoping to get through this sock soon and know that I must immediately cast on for #2.

3 comments:

  1. Not increasing stash is still progress! Great job! I was debating the TLL mystery socks but decided to pass and work on other stuff. They're very pretty though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still on the first sock of the TTL Mystery sock. Glad my project (Boneyard?) dind't drive you over the edge into yarn buying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those socks are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete