Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Philly Distance Run

DB and I spent this past weekend in Philadelphia for the Philly Distance Run (13.1 miles) on Sunday. We arrived Saturday afternoon, did some sight seeing, ate some pasta for dinner with friends and went to bed as early as possible to be able to get up at 6:30am for a race start of 7:45am. I had no problem getting up considering I woke up all on my own at 6am. Guess I was a tiny bit excited about running the race that morning.

When we signed up for this race back in June, I was suppose to be one of three runners doing this together. Turns out I was the only one able to run the race and was the woman representing the men of our little group. I think I did well. I finished the race in 2 hours and 10 minutes - my third best half marathon race time and best since 2006/2007.

Here is the race in photos - complementary of my photographer DB.

The start line before the crowd came.

Even Rocky was there!

Gearing up to take my place at the start.

The Pro's...Ryan Hall was the winner and finished in 1 hour 1 minute. He's in the white tank wearing #1.

This is me crossing the start line. Apparently I was the only one running at this point.

Me at mile 4.5.

Me quite happy to see the mile 13 marker and DB. The finish was right around the corner.

Very happy!

This medal is way cool and doubles as a weapon!

5 comments:

  1. Way to go, Deborah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pictures! You could not have asked for a better day, weather-wise. And that medal is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was there for my 1st time ever during Spring Break 09. I love the medal, the great photos, & the awesome weather. Philly would be a cool city to run in, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! You are a goddess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like I said before... YOU ROCK! I love the prize/souvenir.

    ReplyDelete