Thursday, June 2, 2016

Mr. & Mrs.

With our 1 Year Wedding Anniversary being today, I thought it would be nice to share with you a layout of one of my favorite wedding photos.

In all honesty I started this layout about 3 weeks ago, but really struggled with putting it all together. When I sat down on Saturday to give it a go at finishing, I realized what my issue had been.

I wanted the first layout I did with our pictures to be just as magical and perfect as I felt it was that day.

When I decided to let the pressure go, everything seemed to fall into place.
I utilized two paper collections to create this layout. It includes 2 patterned papers from Pink Paislee's "C'est La Vie" collection and one from Felicity Jane's "Chloe" April kit. I used a piece of chocolate brown Bazill cardstock to frame the layout and also as a layer in the middle of the layout.

I went with a diagonal design to bring your eye down the page and opted to put my title along the left hand side to bring your eyes back across the page.
I love how this top little cluster came together. I used some leftover Pink Paislee paper to punch out hearts in two different sizes. I thought they looked nice clustered with the gold glitter heart die cut piece and XO tag from Maggie Holmes' "Bloom" ephemera pack. I received the tiny pink puffy hearts from my sister and the gold gems I bought in Michael's the other week.
I'm very happy how my main cluster turned out as I really struggled with how I wanted everything to be placed. Everything had moved from one side of the page to the other several times, before I settled on this design.
I used a Project Life card from Heidi Swapp for my journaling spot. However, instead of handwriting my journaling, I decided to use those wonderful Maggie Holmes tiny word stickers that came out in her "Confetti" collection. I also managed to finally use one of the gold Maggie Holmes doilies. You can see a small portion of it in the above photo. I also cut it in half so I could use it elsewhere on the page.
Shortly after we got married I had purchased a package of wedding themed wood veneers. I absolutely loved the road sign piece. I decided it needed to be painted white in order to go with the page better, especially since I wasn't adding any additional wood veneer pieces to the layout.

I layered it on top of a Becky Higgins Project Life 4x6 photo overlay from the "Desktop" collection. I like how the "You + Me" is nestled right under the sign. I included another die cut piece and paper flowers from Martha Stewart (so sad Michael's doesn't carry her line anymore). I punched a few more hearts, added more puffy hearts and gold gems to complete the grouping.
To finish the page, I added my title along the left side of my photo going vertically. Here you can see the other piece of the gold doily under my title. I finished this off by adding one more paper flower and three more small gems. I used "Imprint" gold foiled Thickers for my title.
Finally, as for my paper layers for the photo, I simply cut a small border in white paper, then another in a pink Bazill cardstock to add a small frame around my photo. I then took a 12x12 piece of vellum and tore it in rectangles using my Tim Holtz ruler and folded and layered them under the photo. I love how it helps you focus on the photo in the layout.

I simply can't believe how fast our first year of marriage has flown by. We've been together for a total of seven years today, and it feels just as amazing as it did when we had our first date. Here's to my hubby who constantly keeps me on my toes, brings me to uncontrollable laughing fits, loves unconditionally, is my rock and is a wonderful daddy to our new fur baby. I love him more than I ever thought was possible.

I hope you enjoyed my layout celebrating our marriage. Now that this first one is complete, I am hoping to get more of our amazing pictures in our album.

Thanks for looking and I hope you all have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment