Wednesday, January 7, 2015

2014 FO: Hermione's Everyday Socks

While looking through my Ravelry project list, I am still amazed that I only managed to knit up two pairs of socks in 2014.

The most socks I ever knitted in one year was 12 pairs back in 2008. Wowza! I was a knitting machine back then.

But I digress. Today is all about showing off one of my last FO's of 2014, the Hermione's Everyday Socks.

Pattern: Hermione's Everyday Socks by Erica Lueder (Free pattern)
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock - Rare Gems Colorway
Started: December 4, 2014
Finished: December 28, 2014
Needles: Knit Picks Circs - Size 1.5 (Leg), 1 (Foot)

The socks grew up from this...
To being this...
Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock really is one of my most favorite sock yarns to knit. With each skein you are guaranteed gorgeous coloring and exquisite stitch definition.  
I purchased this skein when I visited Rhinebeck 6 years ago. It reminded me of the gorgeous fall leaf colors. I really treasured knitting with it.

The pattern itself was a delight to knit. Very simple, but yet when combined with the right colorway yarn, is full of dimension and texture.

The only thing I wish I had done differently was knit the leg on size 1 needles and the foot on size 0 needles. The smallest size to cast on is 64 stitches and with using my standard needle formula for socks, they turned out a tad big on me. I may also consider taking the stitch count down if I choose to knit them again. In the end it's ok. They will be house socks and I will love them each time I place them upon my feet.

I do have one more FO to share before we get too much further into 2015. Hopefully I will get it on the blog soon!

1 comment:

  1. I love them Deborah! I have been watching this pattern and still have yet to do it. I definitely need to knit them at some point this year. Thanks for the push, your socks look great!

    ReplyDelete