Saturday, December 6, 2014

FO: Some Cloudy Day Legwarmers

It seems like forever since I have shown a completed knitted project. Well it's probably because one hasn't appeared here since June when I last showed off my finished "Iced Eucalyptus Beret".

While I have been knitting, it seems things are taking longer than they should to be completed. In my last post I did mention that I finished one of those "On The Needles For Forever" projects and promised to share all the details. I was waiting to share in hopes of obtaining a better picture, maybe a modeled one, but realized that with the way life is right now, we'd probably be waiting for a very long time.

Without further delay, I present an FO.

Pattern: Some Cloudy Day Legwarmers by Tiny Owl Knits (Link to Free Pattern)
Yarn: Sublime Yarns Baby Cashmere Merino Silk DK
Needles: Size 5 Double Pointed Needles
Started: July 15, 2012
Finished: November 22, 2014
I had bought this gorgeous yarn during a visit to my sister when she still lived in Myrtle Beach. I fell in love with the squishy softness and color instantly. Sadly, this yarn is discontinued today.

I started this knit while I was still visiting the beach and within a week had the first legwarmer completed. Within a day of finishing the first one, I had cast on for the second. I didn't want to have a case of the "Second Sock Syndrome". Unfortunately, that is exactly what happened. For whatever reason, the second legwarmer was put to the side and was not to be picked up again until this past November.

Anyhoo, the important thing to focus on today, is that they are finally finished. I really did enjoy knitting them. The pattern is easily memorized once you complete a few pattern repeats. They also knit very quickly. The only modification I made was to knit the cuff to 3 inches instead of the called for 2.5 inches. I love that they go over the knee. While knitting them in this DK yarn, they turned out a bit thicker and wouldn't necessarily fit down inside my knee boots as I had originally thought they would. Nonetheless, these turned out wonderful and will be worn a lot during the upcoming winter months.

1 comment:

  1. Those legwarmers look fabulous. they are going to be toasty but even better, toasty and cute!

    ReplyDelete