Thursday, July 24, 2014

MIA and an Upcoming Adventure

I know it's been a couple of weeks since I last posted. I have a real good reason as to why and I'll just say that life left me feeling out of sorts during the past week or so. However, I am back and hope to get some of the posts that I had planned on publishing out here on the blog (one includes a blogiversary which may, or may not, include a giveaway)!

However, the big news I have from this past weekend is that my honey and I booked tickets for our next backpacking adventure together! We are going back to Europe for another three weeks!! (cue the excitement!!!!)

So of course, I immediately got these babies:
Last year we went from Barcelona, Spain, through France into northern/middle Italy. We knew for this trip, we wanted to concentrate the first 10 days or so in Italy, as we fell in love with it last year.

My current travel guides didn't really go into southern Italy past the Naples area (and was really outdated - 2011), so I bought Rick Steves' guide (Sidenote - I used his guide exclusively last year and loved them) dedicated to Naples area and the Lonely Planet's guide to Southern Italy since we want to make it all the way down to Sicily.

And so far the Rick Steves' guide looks a little like this:
And my planning calendar is already taking shape:
This is how I planned our trip last year and it worked out beautifully. Being a super organized person really helps. By doing this, I know where we will be when and how many days we will spend in each place in order to reserve hotels. As for planning what to do, we will go with a rough idea of what we want to do, but not lock ourselves into anything.

After the first half of our trip, we will once again head to Athens, Greece. My honey's father lives there so we will spend a few days with him before taking the ferry out to Chios, where we will be doing a lot of swimming in this:
Uh, yes please!
 
Just like last year, I'll be updating my Instagram page as much as I can with snaps of what we experience. Everyone seemed to truly enjoy seeing them and joining us on our little adventure.
 
The countdown is officially on!!!! Less than three weeks until take-off!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like an awesome trip! I don't do FB/Instagram, so I hope you'll post some photos here, too. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For you Marsha, I will absolutely try! I want everyone to be able to enjoy it. I have blogger on my phone, so when I have WiFi access I will see what I can get up on here.

      Delete
    2. Aw, that's so nice! I'm also on Flickr, so if you already post photos there (Instagram used to have a setting that let you publish photos on Flickr, too—but that was before FB bought them, so I'm not sure if that's changed) I can see them there.

      Delete
    3. I haven't used Flickr in forever, but yes Instagram does have that option to publish there. I just checked. So you'll see pictures either here or there. One way or another, you'll see them!

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited for you and yours! You're going to have a great time. I love your approach of general milestones and timelines, but with enough flexibility to modify what you actually do :) brilliant.

    ReplyDelete